Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 25 2014, 08:53 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Yesterday on Twitter, we brought casting news for the new show based on The Little Mermaid opening in 2015 at Tokyo Disney Resort. Today, the Oriental Land Company formally announced that ‘King Triton’s Concert’ will make its official debut at the Tokyo DisneySea theme park on April 24, 2015.

In the new show, King Triton hosts a musical concert with Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian and other familiar characters from the Disney film, creating a mesmerizing world under the sea with music, songs and dynamic performance, just as in the movie. Ariel will ‘swim’ above the audience to the beautiful music and will even ‘swim’ down and approach Guests in this lively and sensational musical show.

For the new show, the Mermaid Lagoon Theater will be renovated with upgraded stage and lighting technology, as well as new display screens to be installed around the audience seating area. As per the aforementioned casting call, the 14 minute long show will be performed in Japanese.

According to the Oriental Land Company, ‘King Triton’s Concert’ will come at an investment at approximately 4 billion Yen (or $36.5 million US).

SOURCE: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-king-t...isneysea-72768/

If the mersisters are in this, I'm moving to Tokyo.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Linds
 Posted: Sep 25 2014, 11:15 AM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

MERSISTERS PLZ.

Also I feel like I've always been so curious with the language barriers in the overseas parks. So this show is in Japanese. What happens with cast members who do transfers to the overseas parks from her? I've heard of that happening. Are they required to be able to speak French/Japanese/Chinese as needed?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 28 2014, 09:29 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

For Tokyo and Hong Kong, no, face characters are not required to know the local language. :) Paris does usually because they do not outsource -- they can have their own auditions locally.

I saw on the Disney Auditions page that for the role of Ariel for this show, the only requirement is being able to lip-sync in Japanese. You do not need to speak it.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Linds
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:33 PM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

Lip synch, eh?
...suddenly I feel like I wish I was open to doing that. XD I think that'd be so much fun.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Oct 10 2014, 09:25 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Usually, in roles that are more physical, they won't require acting abilities (ie: speaking, singing) because that would limit their pool to choose from. Finding an acrobat who looks like Ariel, can act, can sing, and SOUNDS like Ariel would be near impossible. So they allow the lip sync. Something like Belle or Ariel at Hollywood Studios is far easier to cast.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 31 2015, 08:33 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

TV spot for the opening! It's soooon.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 2 2015, 07:51 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Soooo... the mersisters are KIND of in the show?

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Tokyo | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!