Miss Mandz
 Posted: Apr 8 2014, 07:38 AM
is currently Offline.
i was innocent & certain, now i'm wiser but unsure

Mandy
Female
3480 posts

Group Icon

Shortly after Wreck-It Ralph arrived in theaters in 2012 and impressed the hell out of critics and audiences alike, director Rich Moore was already talking about a potential sequel with the prospect of Nintendo's iconic plumber Mario getting in the mix. Since then, we haven't heard anything about the animated sequel developing at Disney, but Collider recently spoke to the original film's composer Henry Jackman, who revealed that Wreck-It Ralph 2 is being written now, but didn't offer any details. He said, "I can’t tell you more, not because I’m being coy, but I believe that it is officially on the cards." More below!

Jackman was asked about the potential of him returning to score the sequel because he responded:

"I’d be very surprised not to. I’m not blowing my own trumpet. Forget about the music. Just the movie itself I thought was a fantastically imaginative and creative piece of work. Rich [Moore], the director, actually got involved in the writing. There was another writer [Phil Johnston]. Just as a concept, it would be almost remiss of them not to write another one. It’s a great idea and it’s a great character."

If Jackman already knows about the sequel (he's also coming off Captain America: The Winter Soldier), it's likely that he'll be involved. Wreck-It Ralph has been part of Walt Disney Animation's resurgence with animated filmmaking outside of distributing Pixar Animation films. In addition to the video game world story, Tangled and Frozen have proven to be huge hits, with the latter recently becoming the highest grossing animated film of all time. With success like that, you can be sure they want to keep their valuable properties alive. We're not sure when Wreck-It Ralph will get off the ground or be officially announced, but if anymore information becomes available, we'll let you know.

SOURCE: http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/wreck-it-...ping-at-disney/

--------------------
all those days in the sun what I'd give to relive just one

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Savannah
 Posted: Apr 8 2014, 10:41 AM
is currently Offline.
You're never too old to be young.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

Wreck-It Ralph is one of the few movies I think has a lot of potential as a sequel. I'm interested to see where they take this.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
Rune
 Posted: Apr 10 2014, 06:29 AM
is currently Offline.
often imitated, but never duplicated...

Rune
Female
201 posts

Group Icon

After the crap with Mario first time out, I really hope he isn't in it overmuch, he has his own massive fanbase and his own massive franchise and Disney had something so bright, fun, and original in Wreck-It Ralph that they don't need Mario there as more than a cameo char like Q-Bert for example.

Still excited for a sequel if it has a good solid plot and it's not all non-Disney original chars bunging up the works (I believe there was the idea floating about a while back about there being a newer version of the game in the arcade but maybe that's gone away.)
• PM
^
faya27
 Posted: Mar 28 2015, 12:31 AM
is currently Offline.
Always let your conscience be your guide!

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I am excited for this sequel!

--------------------
• PM
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Mar 28 2015, 10:20 AM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I still haven't seen the first one. :o

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 14 2015, 08:45 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3480 posts

Group Icon

According to the Twitter account of producer Penny Hart of Irish radio program “RTE Arena,” John C. Reilly revealed during an interview at the Galway Film Fleadh that there is indeed movement on a Wreck-It Ralph 2 and he will return to voice the eponymous video game bad guy-turned-good.

There has been talk of a Wreck-It Ralph sequel since before the first one came out in 2012 to rave reviews and earned over $470 million in worldwide box office, hailed as “Toy Story with video games.” The film’s director, Rich Moore, has stated that part two will likely find the big-fisted Ralph exploring the worlds of online gaming and console gaming. There have also been discussions with the highly-protective Nintendo to have some of their signature characters (Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda) share the screen with Ralph & Co.

“We’ll really come up with something good for Mario to do [in the next film],” said Moore. “To be able to present him in the sequel, would be great.”

Moore also wants to dig into Disney’s own homegrown video game property TRON, whose third film was recently put on indefinite hold, possibly leaving the door open for a definitive Wreck-It Ralph crossover.

“I can’t specifically remember why that didn’t happen,” Moore explained in 2013. “Of course, with a sequel, I’m hoping that we can find a way to see Tron himself in that movie.”

There is no word yet on whether original co-stars Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch will join Reilly in returning for the sequel, which currently does not have a place on the Disney schedule. That animation slate includes upcoming films Zootopia, Moana, Giants and Frozen 2.

SOURCE: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/4614...return#/slide/1

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 2 2018, 11:47 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3480 posts

Group Icon

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Jess
 Posted: May 8 2018, 04:28 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
375 posts

Group Icon

GIMMIE. I am soooo excited for this. The concept is really fun and the trailer looks so good.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 15 2018, 01:32 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3480 posts

Group Icon

Is it awful that I'm mainly excited about the big princess scene? Lol.

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Twilik
 Posted: May 15 2018, 05:25 PM
is currently Offline.
Some people are worth melting for

Charlie
Male
16 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I'm so excited for this movie. I loved the first Wreck It Ralph and this one looks wonderful.

Also, now that I've started watching Bob's Burgers all I can hear is Sarah Silverman's character on that when Vanellope speaks.
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 17 2018, 11:04 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3480 posts

Group Icon

My sister is apparently really behind (how, I don't know. She practically LIVES at movie theaters, she loves going to see movies) and just saw the trailer for the first time last night. She texted me:

user posted image

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Twilik
 Posted: May 17 2018, 11:36 AM
is currently Offline.
Some people are worth melting for

Charlie
Male
16 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Oh no, that poor bunny! That part was so funny and shocking. I think that whole Ralph and Vanellope entering a mobile game sequence really sold it for me.
• PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Coming Soon | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!