is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation
Here are our D23 updates!
- Kitsis has two dread-inducing themes for the first half of Season 5: Sometimes things aren’t what they appear to be, and the other is love is a very dangerous weapon.” Commence mental dun-dun-duning.
- Henry will regret breaking the Author’s quill. “There will be events in the premiere that will make him wish he could just rewrite things,” Kitsis says. Horowitz adds, “Maybe he was a little hasty. We’ll see pretty quickly.”
- Emma as the Dark One will differ from Rumpelstiltskin. “Being the Dark One, it’s sort of a magnifying glass on who you are but then kind of twisting it a little bit,” Horowitz says. Kitsis continues, “Having the dagger and the power that comes with it tricks you into believing there’s a freedom to lose your fears. … She has her own take on being the Dark One.”
- Emma as the Dark One will directly affect Snow White. “The darker Emma goes, the more to Snow/Mary Margaret she is herself a failure,” Goodwin says. “Those realizations will make things grayer and grayer to her.” Dallas says of Charming, “He’s going to try to get his daughter back to the light.”
- Regina feels “responsible” for saving Emma, and it upsets her. “I don’t think anyone has ever made a sacrifice like that for Regina,” Parrilla says. Kitsis continues, “It’s not what she wants to do. She hates owing people things. Now she feels like she really has to band together with everyone to save Emma.”
- None of the main characters can agree on how to fix the Dark Swan problem. They all want to save Emma, but they all have a different opinion about it. Hook and Regina have different ideas, Snow White and Charming have different ideas: “There’s some friction,” Horowitz says.
- A bunch of main characters and a handful of not-so-main ones are heading to Camelot. “We are going to have our heroes. We’re going to see [Snow and Regina]. We are going to see our core characters on the voyage, plus a few people who don’t get to go on the adventures,” Kitsis says. Parrilla says “Camelot clothes” are “something to look forward to.” Camelot exists concurrently with our world. “It’s Enchanted Forest adjacent,” Horowitz says. It has its own past and present timelines.
- There’s going to be a Charming and Arthur bromance. Goodwin teases it’s true in real life too. Dallas offers that their friendship could “light a fire” under Charming that reinvigorates his defining characteristics.
- The Wicked Witch remains evil. “She lives up to her name this season,” Horowitz says. “Her and her sister [Regina] get into it a little bit.”
- A lot of exciting Disney characters may be showing up, maybe. Playing a game of “Yes/No/Maybe,” Kitsis and Horowitz offered “maybe”s to: Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood, Ariel, Balefire, Ursula, Cora. So, fingers crossed.
- Then there was this interesting concept art shown of the bell jar and magical rose from “Beauty and the Beast.” The photo says it’s taken from the Season 5 premiere.