Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Mar 30 2016, 08:48 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
266 posts

Group Icon

I know we have a Disney fic rec thread, but since OUAT isn't exactly canon Disney, I think this show deserves one of it's own. Post your favorite reads here, though make sure to include any necessary warnings about rating and/or content!

-----

Story: Ruins of Camelot
Author: Robin4
Rating: Mature
Warnings: Major Character Death, Past Rape/Non-Con, (Well-Written!)OCs
Pairings: Starts out as Captain Swan and turns into slowburn Swanfire forty chapters in. Outlaw Queen. Rumbelle.
Summary: Alternate Season 5. Merlin is long dead, Camelot destroyed. Emma is the Dark One, without an easy answer. Rumplestiltskin becomes the Sorcerer, but magic alone cannot save her. An age-old war against darkness revives in Storybrooke, in which the fate of all the realms will be decided forever—and the final battle begins.

This story is long, but it's so worth reading all of it!

-There's no new!curse/memory wipe, only one Dark One Emma who struggles very realistically with her new curse. The darkness actually causes her to make impulsive choices that have immediate consequences she has to face.
-The citizens of Camelot are completely revamped with new members Morgan le Fae and Mordred. Not only do they tie in this impressive fae history, but the author has actually made the family tree even MORE confusing and twisted than it is in canon. Like, when you think poor Henry's family stopped growing...
-Rumple, although no longer the Dark One, becomes the Sorcerer in place of Merlin and his character development actually sticks unlike the bogus erasure from the midseason finale. Merlin appears in a really interesting way, too.
-Baelfire returns! In a way that actually makes sense! I don't want to spoil it for you but it has nothing to do with the Underworld.
-Zelena's sexual assaults on Robin and Rumple are actually addressed and affect the characters accordingly.
-The Will Scarlet sideplot gets resolved. It's not really as detailed as some Wonderland fans would want, but since he's not a main character on this show so it's understandable.
-The side characters are actually brought up and featured in the plot! Ruby has a big storyline, as does Archie and even Sidney in the chapter I'm reading now. The Charmings actually have to face some government issues they've been having.

All in all, this is super good and you'll be spending hours reading this fic like it's the actual show. It has a really nice balance of old and new characters, real conflict with no last-minute fixes, and there ARE character deaths (one HUGE one that genuinely shocked me) but they add a nice emotional level to the story. 10/10 would recommend!!!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Once Upon A Time | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!