Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

The Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron, May 1st 2015
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 20 2013, 11:27 PM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Marvel revealed the full title for the sequel to "The Avengers" at Comic-Con on Saturday. Director Joss Whedon popped by the star-studded presentation to announce that "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" would be the name of the second superhero ensemble film.

A teaser for the movie featuring glimpses at each Avenger's character logo debuted as well, wrapping up Marvel's presentation.

Ultron, the villain in the upcoming movie, first appeared in the late '60s. The character, written by Roy Thomas and illustrated by John Buscema, appears to be something of a star in the fanboy world and elicited strong reactions in Comic-Con's infamous Hall H

SOURCE: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/20/t..._n_3629870.html

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 29 2013, 04:14 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Avengers: Age of Ultron has its psycho robot.

James Spader has signed on to play the villain in writer-director Joss Whedon’s upcoming superhero sequel, Marvel announced today.

The film is set to open May 1, 2015.

Marvel’s announcement didn’t specify whether the three-time Emmy winner Spader (Boston Legal, The Practice) will perform motion-capture to play the mechanical being (as Mark Ruffalo does for his scenes as The Hulk), or simply provide the character’s voice.

Smart money says Spader’s commitment won’t be too intense. He’s starring in the NBC series The Blacklist this Fall, as an ex-government fugitive now helping the FBI track down the world’s most wanted criminals. That probably won’t give him a lot of time to go galavanting in a robot suit.

Whedon recently told EW’s James Hibberd about his plans for the character, an artificial intelligence with a heavy-duty god-complex, overwhelmed with rage toward his creators and longing to overtake the planet with his own spawn.

Think of him as a droid with one hell of a set of daddy issues. “As a character I love [Ultron],” Whedon says, “because he’s so pissed off.”

“I knew right away what I wanted to do with him,” Whedon added. “He’s always trying to destroy the Avengers, goddamn it, he’s got a bee in his bonnet. He’s not a happy guy, which means he’s an interesting guy. He’s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [a new character, Scarlet Witch] who’s a witch.”

In Marvel comics lore, Ultron is the creation of scientist Hank Pym, a.k.a. Ant-Man, a hero who has a suit that allows him to shrink to tiny proportions and a transmitter that can manipulate insects to do his bidding. Pym is a genius R&D guy, and Ultron is one of his greatest creations. But since the machine is designed to be self-aware and self-teaching, it quickly develops a narcissistic quirk in its programing that sends it off the rails into murder and mayhem.

Ultron begins rebuilding himself into more and more powerful iterations and seeks to create artificial life on his own in a twisted desire to become a parent — especially important since he feels betrayed by his own builder, Pym, when he doesn’t support his programming’s new murderous bent.

But Ant-Man, a film being co-written and directed by The World’s End filmmaker Edgar Wright, won’t be out until after the Avengers sequel. So there is a question about whether Ultron’s origin story will be changed, or if Pym will show up a little early. (Whedon has told Annalee Newitz of io9.com that he won’t.)

In footage shown at Comic-Con in July to announce the title and reveal Ultron as the new villain, it begins with a close-up of what appears to be Iron Man’s mask. We hear various lines from the assorted Avengers that were spoken in previous Marvel movies. As they bicker, the Iron Man helmet revolves and is pulverized by an unseen force.

At the end, we see the title reveal — and Iron Man’s mask has become Ultron’s grinning, fang-like metallic skull.

That has led to a lot of speculation that Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark, no slouch in the Research & Development field for new technology, may be rewritten as the creator of Ultron, whose mission is to eradicate organic life from Earth and replace it with his own mechanical offspring.

Right now, we can only guess. But one thing is for certain — this pairing of ’80s Brat Packers Downey Jr. and Spader is the most unlikely Less Than Zero reunion anyone could have imagined.

Maybe Ultron just wants Stark to give him his 50K?

SOURCE: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/29/aven...-age-of-ultron/

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 24 2014, 04:12 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 06:23 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Some SPOILERS have risen to the surface...

Avengers: Age Of Ultron will be dense. There is ton of stuff in the sequel. The running time will easily be over two hours. With the first Avengers movie being the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time, Joss Whedon now has the resources and flexibility to pull off what will be Marvel's biggest comic book movie to date. There have been production rewrites that happened to address Scarlett Johanson's pregnancy so the following information is subject to change.

Basically, Age Of Ultron takes place and opens immediately after the Baron Von Strucker post credit scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The opening set piece and big action scene has The Avengers as a team attack that rogue outpost Hyrda cell run by Baron Von Strucker. He has Loki's staff, and also possesses Chitauri weaponry. The Avengers are there to basically clean it all up. But that's not all, Von Strucker also has the corpse of a leviathan!

Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch fight alongside Von Strucker against the Avengers. The Scarlett Witch uses her powers and cast a hex on the Hulk into thinking that the Leviathan is still alive. It's safe to say some serious Hulk smashing ensues. More on Hulk in a minute.

Eventually The Avengers win, capture the staff and the bad guys. The team then goes back to Avengers Tower and have one poppin' party. The whole team takes turns trying to pick up Thor's hammer Mjolnir. This is their party thing. Rhodey (Don Cheadle in Iron Patriot) is in this scene by the way. Tony Stark tries to pick up Mjolnir in his Iron Man armor and the arm accidentally falls off the armor. Oops. Captain America can budge it a tad but can't pick it up! Now they may change this because the canon in the comics is that Cap can pick it up so we will have to wait and see. It will probably freak out hardcore fanboys.

Now about The Hulk. Remember when Mark Ruffalo told Total Film last week:
    “[My role’s] even bigger than last time, and it’s more complex and it has more layers and a bit more arc.”

How complex? Well, in the party scene at Avengers Tower, we discover that Banner and Black Widow kinda have a thing for each other. Banner is afraid to consummate anything with her for fear of hulking out and hurting her.

Banner and Black Widow are definitely into each other. Very Buffy and Angel stuff. Very Joss Whedon. But that is not all. We also learn in the party scene that Jane is no longer with Thor! The poor Asgardian is at the bar watching Jane with Richard (Chris O' Dowd's character from Thor: The Dark World). Supposedly, he is ok with it. He's fine. Supposedly.

So there you have it. Again, everything I previously mentioned is subject to change with production rewrites but, that is pretty much the gist of the opening 15-20 minutes of the movie. The opening is pretty much awesome according to my sources and showcases The Avengers as a really good team. They clean up the remaining Hydra cells, they go home, they party.

I'm sorry, Banner and Natasha? Wut?

SOURCE: http://www.examiner.com/article/avengers-a...irst-20-minutes

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 16 2014, 11:34 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Marvel Studios presents "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen, and Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Oct 23 2014, 09:31 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Bet you never thought you'd hear a Pinocchio song in a Marvel film...

--------------------

^
Rune
 Posted: Oct 23 2014, 01:13 PM
is currently Offline.
often imitated, but never duplicated...

Rune
Female
201 posts

Group Icon

I loved Ultron in the old Marvel comic books so I'm interested to see how he shapes up in the movie. Similarly, Wanda & Pietro (though Quicksilver always got on my nerves for some reason.) Also looking forward to seeing Vision.
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Feb 24 2015, 12:36 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

Official poster revealed.

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 5 2015, 10:28 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

--------------------

^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Marvel | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!