Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 07:24 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3537 posts

Group Icon

Get ready to see some elephants fly: Disney has begun developing a live-action adaptation of the 1941 animated classic Dumbo about a baby circus elephant who magically learns to fly with the help of his jumbo ears. The movie will be penned by Transformers writer Ehren Kruger and will add an additional family story line to the film that parallels Dumbo’s in the original tale.

Dumbo is just the latest live-action adaptation of a Disney animated classic to come from the Mouse House after Maleficent opened last month and upcoming titles like Cinderella, The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast all currently being adapted. One would assume though that the character of Dumbo itself is still likely to be created with the help of CG animation technology.

SOURCE: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/07/08/disn...e-action-dumbo/

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 10:49 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I'm not sure how they're gunna make this one. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember there being much showings of humans in that movie. I'm not against it, but it just doesn't see how it'll work?

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Freebie
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 12:43 PM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

I'm a bit worried about this one...

As long as the elephant looks more realistic here, otherwise it could look creepy!

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 10 2015, 07:50 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3537 posts

Group Icon

Last July, reports surfaced that Disney had begun work on a live-action Dumbo based on its 1941 animated film about a mute baby circus elephant. At the time, it was reported that Ehen Kruger, co-writer on the Michael Bay Transformers films, was onboard to write the film.

Now, according to the Wall Street Journal, Disney has chosen Tim Burton to direct the project, which will combine CGI and live action.

Disney’s president of production Sean Bailey didn’t reveal many details in announcing the film, other than telling the WSJ that, “It’s a big world,” an apparent reference to the studio’s plans to expand Dumbo’s world. Disney’s original animated Dumbo, clocking in at a slim 64-minutes, is one of the studio’s shortest features.

Reflecting Disney’s devotion to nostalgia-mining its “brand deposits,” the Tim Burton announcement comes ahead of the premiere of Disney’s remake of Cinderella this week, with live-action versions of The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast expected in 2017, as well as Burton’s own Alice in Wonderland sequel Through the Looking Glass in 2016. Though critically reviled, Burton’s 2010 Alice in Wonderland grossed more than $1 billion internationally.

SOURCE: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/di...ton-110223.html

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
faya27
 Posted: Mar 27 2015, 01:15 AM
is currently Offline.
Always let your conscience be your guide!

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

How are they going to pull this off?

--------------------
• PM
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Mar 27 2015, 10:01 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

My worry is gone. They brought in Burton. :D I freakin' love that guy. :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:04 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3537 posts

Group Icon

I have a feeling Timothy has been cut from this.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Coming Soon | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!