Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jan 29 2015, 02:46 PM
is currently Online.
i was innocent & certain, now i'm wiser but unsure

Mandy
Female
3472 posts

Group Icon

There's a new Disney princess in town – and for the first time, she's Latina.

On Thursday, Disney Junior announced that Princess Elena of Avalor will make her debut in 2016 on a special episode of Sofia the First, the network's hit show for preschoolers.

Princess Elena is "a confident and compassionate teenager in an enchanted fairy tale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore," the network said in a statement.

After her introduction on Sofia, 16-year-old Elena will star in her own spin-off series, Elena of Avalor, also set to debut on Disney Junior in 2016.

Dominican Republic-born Aimee Carrero of ABC Family's Young & Hungry, 26, will voice Elena, whose backstory is connected to the magical amulet Sofia wears on the show.

The story goes that Elena was imprisoned in the amulet by an evil sorceress, Shuriki, decades ago while Elena was trying to protect her little sister, Princess Isabel. Decades later, Sofia "discovers the truth . . . and sets out to restore Elena to her human form and help her return to the kingdom of Avalor."

SOURCE: http://www.people.com/article/princess-ele...c-latina-disney

--------------------
all those days in the sun what I'd give to relive just one

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jan 13 2016, 10:01 AM
is currently Online.

Mandy
Female
3472 posts

Group Icon

Later this year, Princess Elena of Avalor, the first Disney princess inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore, will make her debut in a special episode of Disney Junior’s hit series “Sofia the First,” followed shortly thereafter by the launch of the animated series “Elena of Avalor.” As previously announced, the series will follow Elena (voiced by Aimee Carrero of Freeform’s “Young & Hungry”), a 16-year-old ascendant to the throne of the fairytale kingdom of Avalor.

Additional casting was announced today. Jenna Ortega (“Jane the Virgin,” Disney Channel’s upcoming series “Stuck in the Middle”) will star as Elena’s younger sister, Princess Isabel; and Chris Parnell (“Saturday Night Live,” “Archer”), Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”) and Carlos Alazraqui (Disney Junior’s “Sheriff Callie’s Wild West”) voice Migs, Luna and Skylar respectively, magical flying creatures called Jaquins who support Elena as she learns how to rule her kingdom.

Also joining the cast are: Emiliano Díez (“George Lopez”) as Elena’s grandfather Francisco; Julia Vera (“General Hospital”) as her grandmother Luisa; Christian Lanz (“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”) as Elena’s uncle and Royal Advisor Duke Esteban; Jillian Rose Reed (“Awkward.”) as Elena’s best friend Naomi; Joseph Haro (“Awkward.”) as another of Elena’s close friends Mateo, a wizard-in-training; Jorge Diaz (“Days of our Lives”) as Elena’s friend and rising star of the Royal Guard Gabe; Keith Ferguson (Disney Junior’s “Sofia the First”) as Zuzo, a mysterious and wily spirit animal that acts as a link between the human and spirit worlds; and Joe Nunez (“Bridesmaids”) as Armando, a frazzled palace servant who helps Elena on her journey to the throne.

The series was created by Craig Gerber (“Sofia the First”), who also serves as executive producer. Silvia Cardenas Olivas (“Moesha,” “The Brothers Garcia”) is the story editor, and Elliot M. Bour (“The Little Engine That Could”) is the supervising director. The series’ cultural advisors are Diane Rodriguez, Associate Artistic Director of Centre Theatre Group and co-founder of the theatre ensemble Latins Anonymous, who was recently appointed by President Obama to be a member of the National Council on the Arts; and Marcela Davison Aviles, Managing Director and Executive Producer, El Camino Project, an international Latino arts initiative.

SOURCE: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-elena-...nnounced-83285/

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Feb 23 2016, 11:16 AM
is currently Online.

Mandy
Female
3472 posts

Group Icon

As highlighted earlier today on ABC’s ‘Good Morning America,’ Disney’s newest princess is Elena of Avalor, a 16 year old latina princess who is destined to rule the land of Avalor. At this year’s New York International Toy Fair, we previewed new lines of dolls, toys and role play outfits and accessories from companies such as Hasbro, JAKKS Pacific and Just Play, which you can explore today in both photos as well as videos.

If Avalor sounds familiar to Disney Junior fans, it’s probably because of the Amulet of Avalor worn by Sofia the First, which allows her to speak to animals as well as summon many of the Disney princesses who offer sage advice so Sofia. As it turns out, while trying to protect her younger sister, Isabel, and her grandparents, an evil sorceress enchanted Elena and trapped her in the amulet. This summer, Sofia will learn the secret of her amulet and work on setting Elena free and restoring her to her rightful place. This will occur during a Disney Junior movie event titled ‘Journey to Avalor,’ which is part of the secret library storyline. A book will also be released in support of the film on June 7, 2016. Additional books will follow including ones focusing on the quinceañera (15th birthday) of Elena’s best friend Naomi as well as an adaptation of a Christmas-themed episode and more, often exploring the land of Avalor which is full wizards, magical creatures and enchantment.

Below is a gallery of photos of some of the upcoming toys we will see hit the shelves beginning on August 1, 2016, day and date with the series. Highlights include several fashion dolls from Hasbro with Elena in her royal grown, paired up with little sister Isabel, paired with her faithful flying jaquin pal Skylar as well as the ‘My Time’ Singing Elena which performs the title song that you can even preview in our video below. JAKKS offers up toys and role play costumes and accessories such as Elena’s dress, her magical scepter of light (which also plays ‘My Time’) and a child-size sing-along storytime guitar which features songs from the series including ‘My Time,’ ‘The Magic Within’ and ‘Ready to Rule.’ Lastly previewed below is a ‘Sofia the First’ figurine set from Just Play which features characters from both series in support of the crossover.

SOURCE: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-elena-...costumes-84471/

--------------------

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Disney Junior | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!