Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 3 2013, 09:07 PM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

CHALLENGE: Disney's latest princess campaign is "I Am A Princess". For this challenge, I encourage you to make a graphic that is inspired by the "I Am A Princess" mantra! You can use any of the Disney ladies, and no, they don't have to be official canon princesses. :) The whole point of this campaign is to show that ladies are ALL princesses at heart.

I am a Princess.
I am brave sometimes.
I am scared sometimes.
Sometimes, I am brave even when I’m scared.

I believe in loyalty and trust.
I believe loyalty is built on trust.
I try to be kind, I try to be generous.
I am kind even when others are not so generous.

I am a Princess.
I think standing up for myself is important.
I think standing up for others is more important.
But standing with others is most important.

I am a Princess.
I believe compassion makes me strong.
Kindness is power.
And family is the tightest bond of all.

I have heard I am beautiful.
I know I am strong.
I am a Princess.
Long may I reign.

GUIDELINES:
  • You may make more than one submission..
  • You may do a graphic 'set' if you wish. (Ala Tumblr, including more than one graphic.)
  • Recommended graphic sizes:
    For singles: 500x300, 500x600
    For sets: 245x245, 245x148

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 7 2014, 12:22 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Bumping this cause I feel like it has potential for some great results! :D I plan to finish up my graphic set soon.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: May 7 2014, 05:38 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I actually have this in my favorites bar. :D I've been anxiously waiting until the summer to do stuff. :D My sister wants me to get a job. e.e BUT, I'm hoping I'll still have some time off to make all the things. :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 8 2014, 09:57 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

FINALLY, here is mine!

user posted image

Rebloggable on Tumblr here: http://damouseears.tumblr.com/post/85123429758/iamaprincess

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 09:16 PM
is currently Offline.

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I'm gunna do this one next. ^.^ I've spent pretty much the entire last week or two organizing stuff on my blogs and doing math crap that I need to do somethin' just 'cause I can. :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Linds
 Posted: Aug 8 2014, 09:03 AM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

Oh my word, I didn't know that was your edit. XD I swear I think more of your graphics are on Pinterest...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 8 2014, 09:14 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Bwahaha seriously? Well, that's life sadly. XD Wouldn't be surprised to find some stuff on Etsy. I know I've seen some of it on Fanpop. It's just part of being a graphics artist unfortunately. I know some people have been taking Vi's stuff and selling it as iphone cases! ><

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Linds
 Posted: Aug 8 2014, 09:43 AM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

The selling it part really drives me up a wall. Its like when you see those versions of Brianna Garcia's princesses making faces on some phone case on Amazon, and you just KNOW that's not approved.

I have seen a couple of yours that link back to your tumbler though...I'll at least give Pinterest that much. People don't always link back like they should, but they DO have the option. In theory, clicking on the pinterest pin should always take you back to the original source.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 03:57 AM
is currently Offline.

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

That's, my friends, is the importance of watermarking your art. You can't put it in the sides or corners because it can get cropped out, and you don't wanna put it obnoxiously large all over the person's face. You're not gunna get any where near as much publicity. (Unless you just don't want people looking at your other work.) You want to put it close to the person, but in the background. Not on the skin; never there because just no.

You want to make it a medium color and between a 10 and 20 font size so that it's still readable when it's distorted. (Anything not saved as a .PNG gets grainy, and most people don't know that.)

You want both your URL/name and the domain the original art can be found as your watermark (bob @ DeviantArt; Erin | facebook; marleyssocks.tumblr.com--avoid abbreviations).

People are gunna repost your stuff just 'cause they don't understand why they shouldn't and want to share your work. But it's not a bad thing. I've discovered a lot of awesome blogs because they've been re-posted and re-tagged to things I track, but the watermark was still there. I thought, "Wow, I really like this; I wonder if this person makes more like it." **browse browse browse.** And if people end up selling it? PSSH, guess who's gunna be gettin' all the fame? People are a lot less likely to steal someone's work if it's obvious where it came from, but if it happens, that's just all good news for you. Congrats; you're famous. :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Challenges | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!