Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

Tangled tv series
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 29 2015, 02:42 PM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

It has just been announced that a Tangled TV series is in the works. Will you and Alan be writing new songs for the show?

We are! And it's going to be amazing - exciting story concept, fantastic character design...and hopefully some great songs, too

SOURCE:https://twitter.com/SlaterLyrics/status/604181258847932416

Surprising... but awesome! A return to Disney making tv series' based off their movies!

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Savannah
 Posted: May 29 2015, 09:10 PM
is currently Offline.
You're never too old to be young.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

I don't care for Tangled, but I like the return to TV spin-offs! There were some good ones in there.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 11:18 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

The network announced on Wednesday that it has commenced production on Tangled, a series about a princess with magical hair that is based on Disney’s 2010 big-screen animated hit of the same name—which, in turn, is based on the fairy tale of Rapunzel. Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi have signed on to reprise their roles as kidnapped princess Rapunzel and swashbuckling thief Eugene, a.k.a. Flynn Rider.

The last chapter in the Tangled story was revealed in 2012 with a short film called Tangled Ever After short film, which premiered in theaters in front of the 3-D re-release of Beauty and the Beast. It’s set on the wedding day of Rapunzel and Eugene. The TV show, which is slated to premiere in 2017, takes place after the movie but before the short film, and follows Rapunzel as she gets to know her parents, her kingdom, and the citizens of Corona. According to the press release: “Her irrepressible spirit and natural curiosity about the world drives her to the realization that there is so much more she needs to learn before she can truly accept her royal destiny. She boldly puts her crown and impending marriage on hold to seek out epic adventures, much to the dismay of the King who, after missing out on Rapunzel’s youth, must accept that his daughter is now an independent young woman.”

The show will feature familar faces such as Eugene, chameleon Pascal, horse Maximus, and the Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs, as well as a new main character: Cassandra, a strong-willed handmaiden who also serves as Rapunzel’s confidant.

The duo responsible for the movie’s original score, composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater, also will serve as songwriters on the series, which was developed by executive producer Chris Sonnenburg (Enchanted) and co-executive producer Shane Prigmore (The Lego Movie).

SOURCE: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/02/disne...re-zachary-levi

--------------------

^
Ella
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 02:26 PM
is currently Offline.
When these broken hands are whole again / We'll find what we've been waiting for / We were made for so much more

Ella
N/A
158 posts

Group Icon

I'm so excited for this! :3 I always wanted to know how Rapunzel and Eugene coped with suddenly becoming royals and getting a new family.

--------------------

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell

Image © disneyscreencaps.com

• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 7 2015, 12:57 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

I know! It's the perfect timeframe for a series. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif And this is going to be amazing. While it is (surprisingly) going to be a 2D series, the returning talent is amazing and inspires a lot of confidence. The movie's vocal cast is returning, and the composers, and Claire Keane is going to be working on it as well. GOOD THINGS.

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 13 2015, 02:10 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

This is indeed the style they are going with for the show. Kind of like Rapunzel's paintings? It's very Disney Junior-ish. Though it kills me that we could have a CGI show in the same style of the film and we're not. XD

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 16 2015, 10:30 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

It was so exciting to hear about the Tangled TV series on Disney Channel in 2017. How did that come about?

LEVI:  As far as how it came about, I got an email or call from my agency saying, “Hey Disney is ramping up to do an animated Tangled series, and they want you and Mandy [Moore] to come back and reprise your roles.” I was like, “What?! That’s awesome!” And then, I sat down with the writers and they gave me and Mandy this really big pitch about where the series was going to go and the storyline. It takes place between the end of the film and before the short film, Tangled Ever After, that was released about our wedding day. It’s that three years of adventure and journey of Flynn and Rapunzel, finding out who they are and finding out who one another are. It’s not going to be done in the same CG animation style. It’s going to be done in a really cool 2D stylized way. Mandy and I are back, with some of the other people who voiced the characters in the original film, and Alan Menken is coming back to do music. While it’s not a full-blown musical show, there will be some songs peppered throughout. It’s just really cool.

Are you surprised that it took so long for them to want to revisit those characters again?

LEVI:  I don’t know why it took so long. I think after the film, there were probably conversations going on of, “Do we make a sequel? Do we make another film?” The development process is an interesting one. There’s a lot of voices and a lot of people who weigh in on the decision making for what’s best for a particular IP. I think they probably weighed doing the movie for awhile. By the way, this is all conjecture. I have no idea. I would wager that that was probably something that they were talking about, but they weren’t really sure. Plus, they had a slate of all the other films they were doing, so they probably talked about when were they going to slide it in, if they were going to. Ultimately, what they probably settled on was doing an animated series, and then they developed that idea for awhile and landed on what they landed on. I think that’s cool.

Netflix is awesome, and one of the reasons why that is, is because with Chuck or Tangled, or whatever, people who didn’t get a chance to see it, the first time around, now get the chance to see it, if it’s on right now. There are new Chuck converts watching Chuck, for the first time, and it’s as if they’re watching it like it’s a current show. And it’s the same with Tangled. One of the fun things about that is that there will be younger audiences who may have been too young to have watched the original movie, or maybe they weren’t even born, and now they get to watch a series that’s brand new for them. And kids or adults who saw the movie can now watch the series. The idea for the series is to have the same heart and world that the film was, which was something that was enjoyable for both adults and kids. Though it’s on the Disney Channel, it will be something that the whole family can enjoy. That’s exciting!

SOURCE: http://collider.com/zachary-levi-heroes-re...ries-interview/

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 8 2016, 02:15 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Ever since Tangled: Before Ever After, the new animated Disney Channel series inspired by 201o’s Tangled that takes place in between that film and the 2012 short “Tangled Ever After,” was announced, one huge question has persisted: what is the animation style going to be (the original film, of course, featured computer-generated animation)? Well, now we have answer to that question, as well as new details on the series’ cast, title (see above!), music, and the very first image from the show.

Based on the gorgeous image provided (the immensely talented Claire Keane, daughter of Disney Legend Glen Keane, contributed design work and consultation), the series will utilize a traditional, 2D animation look. What’s so amazing about the artwork is that it completely captures the original film’s feeling, while still creating its own vibe. We cannot wait to watch this new series, especially since it was announced that original composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater will be contributing music, alongside composer Kevin Kliesch (“Tangled Ever After”).

Also announced was the series’ voice cast, which is incredibly impressive. It’s already been announced that Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi will reprise their roles from the film, but we now know that Jeffrey Tambor and Paul F. Tompkins will also reprise their roles as Big Nose and Shorty, two of the Snuggly Duckling pub thugs. Additionally, M.C. Gainey will be the Captain of the Guards one more.

Joining these returning favorites are Ashley Judd as Rapunzel’s mother Queen Arianna; Broadway star Eden Espinosa as Rapunzel’s handmaiden and confidant, Cassandra; comedian Jeff Ross as Hook Hand’s brother Hook Foot; Richard Kind as Uncle Monty; Sean Hayes, as Pete the Guard; Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor; Clancy Brown as Rapunzel’s father King Frederic; Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as blacksmith Xavier; Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard; Charles Halford as Pub Thug Vladimir; Steve Blum as Pub Thug Attila Buckethead; James Monroe Iglehart as Eugene’s friend Lance Strongbow; Jeremy Jordan as teen alchemist Varian; and Jonathan Banks as Quirin, Varian’s father. That’s right: get ready for brand new pub thugs.

If you weren’t already anxiously awaiting the 2017 debut of Tangled: Before Ever After, then chances are you are now. Just look at Pascal with the frying pan! Priceless!

SOURCE: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2016/...p=smc|389382387

--------------------

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Disney Junior | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!