Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 22 2013, 06:54 PM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Welcome to the revolution, Natalie Dormer.

The Game of Thrones beauty has joined the cast of Mockingjay Part 1 and Part 2, the pair of films planned based on the final book of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy.

Dormer, 31, will play Cressida, the resident director from the Capitol who joins the Districts' revolt and turns it into must-see post-apocalyptic TV, starring Katniss Everdeen as the reluctant but increasingly motivated face of the rebellion.

SOURCE: http://www.eonline.com/news/451596/mocking...games-franchise

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/yahoo.gif

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 26 2013, 05:18 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Producers behind The Hunger Games: Mockingjay found their Annie Cresta … which means Finnick Odair has found his love interest and eventual soul mate.

Lionsgate, according to a release, revealed that Australian actress Stef Dawson has been selected to play Cresta in the two-part Mockingjay adaptation, which will be directed by Francis Lawrence. Cresta is the District 4 victor from the 70th Hunger Games. It is mentioned that, at some point prior to the Cornucopia battle, Annie watched her Hunger Games partner be beheaded. The result is that she’s more than a little insane. She has a tenency to cover her ears and close her eyes and inopportune moments. She laughs hysterically when nothing funny has happened. She managed to survive the 70th Hunger Games because – SPOILERS, if you still haven’t read Suzanne Collins’ novels – she’s an outstanding swimmer from a fishing village, and she swam through a tsunami caused by the Gamemakers … a flood that claimed most of the other tributes in her competition.

The character is first brought up in Catching Fire, though with that movie wrapped and prepping for a November release, it’s clear that producers decided to wait until Mockingjay to introduce Annie. Still, she’s a pivotal character. As the Hunger Games Wiki reveals, Annie goes on to become Finnick’s wife, and the mother of his child. I won’t spoil the fate of Annie, Finnick, or the child. Let’s leave that for you to discover.

Dawson, meanwhile, is a relative unknown in the States who started out logging time on TV shows like Out of the Blue and Swift an Shift Couriers before moving on to bit parts in indie films. She has several credits on her resume for 2013, including two shorts and the feature film Shadow of the Monarch, though clearly, nothing compares to landing a choice role in the Hunger Games sequels. If she’s good, this role will put her on the map.

SOURCE: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hunger-Game...nnie-39166.html

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Freebie
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 07:42 AM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

Every final film of a series must be split into two parts these days! I did find the books page-turners so I'll certainly see the next three films at some point. :)

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 27 2013, 07:38 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

I can sort of understand Mockingjay being two parts. First half being the beginning of the rebellion, Katniss finally accepting her part as the Mockingjay. The second part being the actual war on the Capital.

More casting news...

It won't be long before the entire world of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, both parts 1 and 2, is cast. The final two films in the series won't have a ton of new characters to add to begin with, but the few remaining ones have been lining up in the last few days, including today's announcement from the film's Facebook page that Evan Ross has been cast as Messalla. Part of the two-person camera crew who, along with reporter Natalie Dormer's Cressida follow Katniss around and film propaganda ads, Messalla is a relatively small part, though he does get to take place in one of many big action sequences near the end of Mockingjay.

You may not recognize Ross unless you're a fan of the new 90210, on which he played Charlie Selby for nine episodes, or caught him as Kevin in Jeff Who Lives At Home, the kid whom Jason Segel's nutty character befriends thanks to what he believes is a sign from the universe. He's also Diana Ross's son, if you're into that kind of thing, though he wasn't cast entirely because of possible nepotism-- he's described in the book as "a slim young man" who wears earrings and a tongue rings, something that 25-year-old Ross ought to be able to pull off just fine.

SOURCE: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hunger-Game...alla-39186.html

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 9 2014, 11:30 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 07:35 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 7 2014, 10:18 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 12:01 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 15 2014, 11:18 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. *dies. rolls away*

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Freebie
 Posted: Sep 26 2014, 12:10 PM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

In waaay behind. Not even seen the second film, yet. :0

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Film | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!