• Mount Olympus, Hercules
  • San Fransokyo, Big Hero 6
  • Kingdom Of Corona, Tangled
  • Toy Box, Toy Story
  • Arendelle, Frozen
  • The Caribbean, POTC3
  • Twilight Town
  • End Of Sea
(It has been noted that most of the Disney worlds will be new to the Kingdom Hearts series. A new, original world built specifically for the game will also appear.)

party members as of 6/18/18
  • Flynn and Rapunzel
  • Buzz and Woody
  • Mike and Sully
  • Hercules
  • Marshmellow
(The party limit has been upped to five, meaning that two "world/local characters" can join you. You will still be able to keep Donald and Goofy with you, as opposed to having to choose/switch out to keep a team of three.)

confirmed summons as of 6/14/18
  • Ariel
  • Meow Wow
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • Simba

confirmed mini-games as of 6/14/18
  • Kingdom Dance w. Rapunzel
  • Cooking w. Remy
  • Classics: The Barnyard Battle, The Karnival Kid, Giantland, and Musical Farmer.

confirmed keyblades as of 6/14/18
  • Kingdom Key, Kingdom Hearts (Sora)
  • Ever After, Tangled
  • Infinity Badge, Toy Story
  • Smile Gear, Monsters Inc
  • Blizzard Blade, Frozen
  • Braveheart, Kingdom Hearts (Riku)
  • Shooting Star, Kingdom Hearts (Sora)

gameplay & notes as of 6/14/18
  • The Command Menu from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II will return.
  • Attraction Flow will be a new feature that lets the party execute skills based on common theme park attractions.
  • The Keyblade will have the ability to transform itself into other specially powered weapons, such as the double bow gun and chariot that can be seen in trailers.
  • Reaction Commands will not return.
  • The AI has been improved, so allies can invite Sora into special techniques, and enemies can work together.
  • No Marvel or Star Wars inclusions.
  • There are two playable characters in the game, Sora and a currently unknown character.
  • KH3 has full voice acting in optional dialogue moments outside of cut scenes, which is a first for the series.
  • The mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Union χ, will be linkable with KH3.

story & notes as of 6/18/18
  • The plot of the game will pick up "immediately after the events of Dream Drop Distance."
  • Nomura revealed that the theme of Kingdom Hearts III is resolution. It is the final battle against the main series antagonist, Master Xehanort, so his story is finally reaching its resolution. But because it is the theme, there will no doubt be many emotional resolutions to the journey's we have taken with Sora over the years.
  • The Toy Story world is canon to the films and it takes place after Toy Story 2. Next time you watch Toy Story 3, remember that he has canonically faced Young Xehanort.
  • Young Xehanort has invaded Toy Box and reveals that he has split the world in two to better understand how Hearts work.
  • Nomura says almost all major (KH) characters that have appeared in the last 15 years will appear in Kingdom Hearts 3.
  • Regarding the issue of new players having difficulty in understanding the story, the team has been preparing a movie that will summarize the story thus far, in order to provide players with a crash course in everything they need to know for Kingdom Hearts 3. This summary may end up being several hours long.
  • Arendelle will expand on the story from the original film, and "Let it Go" will be featured in some capacity. Players will be able to explore the snowy mountains as well as a labyrinth of ice created by Larxene.
  • In the recent trailers, we learned that both Sora and Organization XIII want Roxas to return. For Sora who is connected to Roxas, he is making every effort to make that a reality.
  • Larxene also speaks of the New Seven Hearts, which refers to a new generation of the Seven Princesses. We learned in KH3D that in accordance with Master Xehanort's plan, if the 7 Guardians are unable to gather, the Seven Princesses will be used instead. Of the new Seven Princesses, only Kairi is still included from the original group. Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa are also being targeted as the other six candidates.

JUMP to a particular post in this thread!

KH3 Premiere event details/review on ToyBox/Olympus demo gameplay.
Frozen E3 Trailer
POTC E3 Trailer.
POTC Character Renders

user posted image user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: May 7 2018, 01:16 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

A Frozen world is also likely due to this supposed link. Not confirmed, but it comes from the same source as the Monsters Inc. world leak of a while back, and Frozen is also almost a given due to it's being everywhere Disney since 2014.

On a more official note, here's the latest Kingdom Hearts III Trailer from the KHUx Dandelion Meeting event!

• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 17 2018, 08:08 PM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

QUOTE (Dust Keeper Girl @ May 7 2018, 02:16 PM)
A Frozen world is also likely due to this supposed link. Not confirmed, but it comes from the same source as the Monsters Inc. world leak of a while back, and Frozen is also almost a given due to it's being everywhere Disney since 2014.

user posted image

I want it. So bad.

*breaaaaaaaaaaaaaaathe*

So.

Looks like we will be getting some information tomorrow, as an information embargo lifts and a Kingdom Hearts III premiere event takes place! KHInsider, and I'm sure several gaming news sites, will be in attendance and covering.. so be ready guys. Between this and E3, I think the drought is finally over!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 18 2018, 02:59 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

Hereeeeeeeeeee we go~!
  • Nomura revealed that the theme of Kingdom Hearts III is resolution. It is the final battle against the main series antagonist, Master Xehanort, so his story is finally reaching its resolution. But because it is the theme, there will no doubt be many emotional resolutions to the journey's we have taken with Sora over the years.
  • The Toy Story world is canon to the films and it takes place after Toy Story 2. Next time you watch Toy Story 3, remember that he has canonically faced Young Xehanort.
  • It’s adorable watching Woody try to make sense of the reality-bending events that transpire in Kingdom Hearts. Poor fella’s just… so far out of his element, but his optimism never falters.
  • Video game-obsessed Rex talking about being stuck at the Bahamut boss in a game he’s working on was a fun touch.
  • Expanding on the point about Rex being stuck on Bahamut, Polygon have shared that Rex believes Sora to be a video game character named Yozora. Rex has levelled Yozora to level 47 but can not beat the Bahamut boss.
  • Rapunzel’s hair was a challenge to work into the game — she holds it in a bundle with it trailing behind her, interacting with the terrain as she walks around. We saw a fun clip of her using it like a grappling hook to swing around a tree during combat.
SOURCE: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Theme-of-Kin...tion-Blog-12002

Coming out of a Fix-It Felix Jr. screen, Ralph joins Sora on his quest to wreck everything in sight. In April 2018, Nomura revealed that the new world coming to Union X will be teased in the form of a Summon that we would see soon in Kingdom Hearts III. Considering the Classic Kingdom mini-games that will be coming to Union X before Kingdom Hearts III launches, it makes sense that the mini-games could tie into a world based on Video Games.

SOURCE: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Ralph-Wrecks...ew-Summon-11958

There was no firm release date announced at the Kingdom Hearts 3 Premiere event, but Nomura's official statement was that an announcement should be coming "early next month," so, probably just before E3. Nomura continued, "Kingdom Hearts 3 is a title with many people working on it, so we are making final adjustments, but we are pretty firm on a certain date so we hope to reveal it next month." And as far as we can tell, they're sticking with a 2018 window, so if we were to guess, we'd say a November release date is looking fairly likely at this point.

SOURCE: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hear...ext-Month-11951

IGN have revealed some more details about the Toy Box world in Kingdom Hearts III.

We previously knew that when Sora lands in the world, Woody and Buzz's friends had been kidnapped by a man in a black coat. Andy and other toys had been taken, and according to the Sarge, they were last scene at the Galaxy Toys store.

We have now learnt that Young Xehanort has invading Toy Box and reveals that he has split the world in two to better understand how Hearts work.

Upon arriving at Galaxy Toys, Young Xehanort somehow turns toys to life, and of course they are evil toys. Hamm is eventually kidnapped by a possessed Doll and there is a quest line to defeat the doll to rescue Hamm.

It seems rescuing Andy and the other toys from the alternate world will prove to be a more difficult task than first expected.

You will be able to help Sora stop Young Xehanort's plan and bring both Toy Box worlds back together when Kingdom Hearts III launches later this year on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

SOURCE: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Learn-More-A...earts-III-12006

Kingdom Hearts 3's combat is similar to previous main entries, but it's just... more. It's full-on spectacle all the time, with magic, links, attractions and now multiple keyblade transformations to utilise, meaning it's very rarely a case of just mashing X to attack. The biggest change to combat is the keyblade transformations - this was a feature in birth by sleep, where it was something you were able to do if you mastered the usage of a keyblade, and according to Nomura, since Sora has now become more skilled, he's able to use that feature in Kingdom Hearts 3. Different keyblade transformations have different properties - for example the Toy Story-themed keyblade transforms into a hammer, which hits hard, while the Tangled Keyblade transforms into a magical staff which casts spells.

This introduces new strategy to combat, especially since you can switch between keyblades while you're battling, and keep the current level of transformation. The Toy Story blade evolves from a hammer into a drill, and the drill allows you to evade enemies by digging holes in the ground and going around them. The Monsters Inc. keyblade evolves into Agile Claws and then into a Twin Yoyo, so it's fun for moving fast, keeping your distance and dishing out heavy DPS.

Mostly though it's just fun to cycle through the different weapons, creating new combos and trying out the skills available at each level. Between those, Attractions and Links, or summons, it's rare you'll ever not have a special ability available for deployment at any time during longer battles, which definitely helps keep things interesting. The skills and finishers all look very flashy too - our favourite was the Tangled-themed keyblade, which could create a tower attack as a finisher.

MORE REVIEWS: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Here-s-What-...-Hearts-3-11933

I love how the battle cries in the first video are the same ole same ole http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif But MAN it looks INCREDIBLE! *sobs*

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: May 26 2018, 01:59 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

Fun fact: "Yozora," meaning "night sky," is a nod to Final Fantasy XV protagonist Noctis Caelum, whom Nomura designed and created.

Also, Riku's new design itself seems to resemble the Crown Prince of Lucis:

user posted image
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 07:24 AM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

user posted image
The release date is finally here!!
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 08:00 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

We also have...

FROZENNNNNNNNNNNNN.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 10:29 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

Just some other notes from yesterday that may have been overlooked in all the excitement:
  • Simba and Remy were confirmed as summons.

• Josh Gad has confirmed his involvement as Olaf.

• There is a Square Enix panel at 1:00pm eastern today. Will we get more news...?

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:55 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

WAIT that was ACTUALLY Josh Gad??????? Wow! I figured it was just a really good impersonator. The Elsa is spot-on, whoever she is!
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:29 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

I'm going to guess its actually the Frozen cast, in this case. They do the shorts, they have been working on Frozen 2, so no reason why they couldn't do their lines for KH3 while in studio for that.

A "new" trailer, which is the trailer released this weekend, but with additional footage included. New scenes include Remy's bit (which is a mini-game it seems!), a Kingdom Dance mini-game, Ienzo, the Twilight Town trio, Kairi and Lea, and Xigbar.

There's one last panel where we could get more info... and that's the Sony panel. Cross yo' fingers!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:29 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

YOHO, A PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE GRAPHICS?!?!?!

AND HEY GIRL WE FINALLY REALLY SEE KAIRI!

Please excuse me while I run around screaming.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
doodle vi
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:49 PM
is currently Offline.
GIVING UP IS FOR ROOKIES

vi
Female
223 posts

Group Icon

KAIRI LOOKS SO CUTE OH MY GOSH #blessed

I'm really digging the animation LOL whenever I see the gifs of the Tangled scenes when scrolling through tumblr really fast, I mistake them for stuff from the movie (with just some heavy filters alskdfjalsdkjf)

user posted image

--------------------

user posted image

sig by hannahberrie
• PM • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 10:03 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

RIGHT? Like dare I say it, the game animation almost looks better lol.

Man. They really spoiled us. Now we're prob going to go through a dry spell. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif But seriously, they just slayed E3. They were like "hold my sea-salt ice cream, I got dis."

I think we'll probably get two more Disney worlds. Any ideas/wishes?

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 10:44 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

Look. At. These. Pirates.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

So. Beautiful. Very wow. And- *pause*

Wait.

*eyes Will suspiciously*

Is Sora going to have to take his heart at the end omg

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 12:37 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

Arendelle will expand on the story from the original film, and "Let it Go" will be featured in some capacity. While Anna and Elsa are not party members, Marshmallow, the ice giant created by Elsa, will join Sora in battle. Players will be able to explore the snowy mountains as well as a labyrinth of ice created by Larxene.

Pirates of the Caribbean is based on the third film: At World's End. Nomura encourages players to pay attention to the trailers to spot all of the features this world will offer. The Caribbean seamlessly connects land, sea and sky, and battles can take place in all three as seen in the trailer with the naval battle and Heartless battle in the sky. The Black Pearl can be used to navigate the seas and explore newly discovered islands, so there are many opportunities waiting.

In the recent trailers, we learned that both Sora and Organization XIII want Roxas to return. For Sora who is connected to Roxas, he is making every effort to make that a reality.

Larxene also speaks of the New Seven Hearts, which refers to a new generation of the Seven Princesses. We learned in KH3D that in accordance with Master Xehanort's plan, if the 7 Guardians are unable to gather, the Seven Princesses will be used instead. Of the new Seven Princesses, only Kairi is still included from the original group. Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa are also being targeted as the other six candidates.

Like Mobile01 and GNN, Famitsu reports on the summary video that will be released within the month to help new players catch up with the series. They've just finished recording the Japanese version; it will total several hours long and be split into 5 parts, with narration provided by Chirithy. These videos will be released on the official website and they're considering including it in the game as well, so Nomura encourages players to watch the videos, play the HD remasters, and then wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 to release.

There are also no plans to release a public demo. However, fans in Japan will have the opportunity to play at the Tokyo Game Show. Nomura apologizes for the delay, but he hopes everyone can wait just a little longer until Kingdom Hearts 3 releases on January 25, 2019 in Japan and January 29 in western territories.

SOURCE: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Froz...blic-demo-12493

How I feel about no Elsa and Anna party members:
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Kingdom Hearts | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!