Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 11:33 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Disneytoon Studios, Disney‘s animation studio that created direct-to-video movies and the occasional theatrical release, is now closed.

Located in Glendale, California, and originally known as Disney MovieToons, Disneytoon Studios produced 47 films since it was founded in 1990. The studio started with the theatrical release “DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp” before moving to direct-to-video sequels of Disney movies, beginning with “The Return of Jafar” in 1994. Most recently, the studio was known for “Planes,” a spinoff of the “Cars” franchise, and the Disney Fairies series focusing on Tinker Bell.

Since 2008, Meredith Roberts served as senior vice president and general manager of Disneytoon Studios, which was under the umbrella of Walt Disney Animation Studios, led by Edwin Catmull and John Lasseter. Though it was recently announced that Peter Docter and Jennifer Lee are succeeding Lasseter as chief creative officers at Disney and Pixar, the closure of Disneytoon Studios is reportedly unrelated.

According to IndieWire, 75 animators and staff will be laid off from Disneytoon and it’s unclear if they will be moved to new roles at Disney or Pixar. “After much consideration, we have made the decision to end production activity and close Disneytoon Studios,” said a Disney spokesperson.

As a result of the closure, an untitled movie from Klay Hall (“Planes”) and Bobs Gannaway (“Planes: Fire & Rescue”) is no longer in development. It was previously scheduled for theatrical release in March 2019.

SOURCE: https://insidethemagic.net/2018/06/disney-c...disney-sequels/

And so ends any hope of finishing out the Pixie Hollow series with a movie meeting Pan :(

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 12:01 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
320 posts

Group Icon

The odds were never in our favor with that series, anyway lol Maybe someday another studio in Disney will revisit the Fairies franchise.

I just hope all the animators find stable work soon. <3
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Linds
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 10:59 AM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

Sigh. :\ I feel like the faeries as a franchise were doing well. I don't know that I can say the same for planes/cars. But maybe I'm around more little girls than little boys?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Disney, Disney, Disney! | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!