Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

No new Narnia films until 2018
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 25 2012, 10:49 AM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Kristi from The Lion’s Call has posted a brief report on Douglas Gresham’s (co-producer, Lewis’ stepson) comments at the Tolkien Society meeting at Oxford on Monday. He revealed his hopes for the future of the Chronicles of Narnia films:

-There is a seven-year moratorium on producing any Narnia films outside of Walden Media.
    -He might have future films made independently.
    -The Silver Chair is the film he would like to make next.
    -He would like to see Andrew Adamson return, but thinks he would be too expensive.
    -In the meantime, he will focus on a film adaptation of Lewis’ “The Screwtape Letters.”

We previously believed the moratorium period was 3-4 years, and that the next film would very likely be The Magician’s Nephew. Now it appears the wait will be longer than we thought, and Gresham will maintain the original published order and continue with The Silver Chair.

To clarify the issue: By law, no Narnia films can be released by anyone without Walden Media until the moratorium ends, and it appears that Gresham would prefer to make the films independently. Assuming the moratorium began just after Dawn Treader‘s release, the earliest we could see the next Narnia film is probably 2018.

SOURCE: http://www.narniaweb.com/2012/05/gresham-s...xt-narnia-film/

....excuse me while I cry ;__________; This probably means recasting too, and I so hoped to see the entire series done with the same cast...

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Ammers
 Posted: Jun 5 2012, 12:11 AM
is currently Offline.
Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten

Nicole
Female
90 posts

Group Icon

......crying about this. Legit. They had such potential, and LWW was so magnificent. I can't stand when films have to be recast. How could anyone else possibly be one of the Pevensies?? They were all so perfect for the roles. I just can't imagine a recast :(

Also, if they were going to do one of the non-Pevensie-central books, I ADORE The Horse and His Boy and have always wanted to see it as a film.

Maybe I'll just write it myself.
• PM
^
Tayahearts
 Posted: Jun 25 2012, 06:01 PM
is currently Offline.
N/A

N/A
Female
2 posts
N/A

Group Icon

What? What? Wait...what? NO! Dang it!! I don't want to see the Pevensies or anyone recast! No! Just no! Seven years is a dang long time to wait for new Narnia films..
And while Horse and His Boy is not Pevensie-centric, they do appear in the book several times, minus Peter who just gets a one line mention-which is that he was away battling the Giants on the Northern Borders as the book is set in the Golden Age of Narnia-so if they do wait seven years to make the next film, they may not need to recast the Pevensies as this particular chronicle occurs shortly before they fall back in 1940's England of our world.
• PM • EMAIL
^
Freebie
 Posted: Aug 12 2013, 07:04 AM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

It's a shame. It would be really nice to see all seven books adapted to screen. If Walden falls through then there's hope that if an independent steps in, they will be able to do a worthy job, sticking closer to the tales.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 11:24 AM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

*sobs.*

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Film | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!