Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

Lego Disney Minifigures
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Apr 4 2016, 09:21 AM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Two of our great loves, together like never before. Lego has officially announced that their next minifigure collection will exclusively feature Disney characters. Money will be spent.

The collection will include 18 new minifigures, featuring a pretty wide variety of Disney characters. Instead of just going with core Disney characters, there are a few minifigs from Pixar movies, too, making for a pretty eclectic collection. From the classic classic Disney ranks, we have Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck, so Lego clearly drew a line at splitting up Disney power couples. Alice is accompanied by the Cheshire Cat, while rivals Peter Pan and Captain Hook make appearances (hopefully you have a pirate ship set somewhere). From Pixar, Buzz Lightyear gets a somewhat unexpected companion in the Pizza Planet Alien, which looks like one of the more fun designs of the group, while Mr. Incredible gets to face off against Syndrome. From the core animated movies, we have Maleficent, Ariel, Ursula, the Genie, Aladdin, and Stitch. You know the leg pieces from Ariel, Ursula, and Genie are going to become instant collector must-haves (OK, everything here is a must-have, but you know what we mean).

The accessories, as always, are just as compelling. Alice’s ‘Drink Me’ bottle is a standout, as is the gem in Ariel’s clam. Buzz will get his awesome extendable jet pack, while Mr. Incredible has a bit of superhero propaganda on him. Maleficent’s scepter, Ursula’s trident, and Hook’s rapier are all a bit nondescript, but Maleficent’s headpiece more than makes up for it.

image: http://ad2.netshelter.net/ad/ns.chipchick/...0;ord=123456789?

Like always with Lego’s collectible minifigs, these are going to be blind bagged and sold individually for $4 each. And, as always, Lego has left subtle and not-so-subtle ways to feel around those bags to figure out exactly which minifig you’re getting. Stitch looks like he has unique feet, while Ariel, Genie, and Ursula should be instantly recognizable by the leg pieces. Maleficent’s headpiece should give her away. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy should all be simple, and the bows of Daisy and Minnie will differentiate them from Mickey and Donald. The Alien, Buzz, and the Cheshire Cat all have oversized heads that should be easy to tell apart, too — you’ll still have some feeling around to do, but it looks like Lego has made it pretty easy on us this time around.

Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’re going to go get directions to the nearest Lego Store.

SOURCE: http://www.chipchick.com/2016/04/lego-disn...9ZUPPUmx71CV.99

Is it too much to hope for that one day we'll get a Lego Disney video game? In any case, I hate blind-purchase shticks... but I'll definitely be grabbing a few of these. They look unique enough that you ought to be able to feel them out through the bag.

user posted image

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Freebie
 Posted: Apr 18 2016, 05:47 PM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

They do look pretty appealing! Surprised they haven't been combined before. I'd have the Cheshire Cat for sure if nothing else. :D

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Disney Store | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!