Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jan 23 2015, 11:01 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

CHALLENGE: Disney's latest campaign/theme is 'Disney Flipsides', and it's proven to be a cute one! (If you haven't seen any of the videos, check them out here!) But there are SO many characters out there, and so many flipside possibilities, and we know Disney won't be able to get to them all. So here's the challenge... create your own flipside for a character!

GUIDELINES:
  • You may enter more than one entry!

• You may use any media format! You can draw it, write it, edit a graphic. You can film a cosplay skit, or do a video edit. The possiblities are endless, so get creative! So long as you're showing off a character's flipside, we don't care what format it is! :)

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Linds
 Posted: Jan 26 2015, 09:48 PM
is currently Offline.
.:Wait&Hope:.

LINDSAY
Female
288 posts

Group Icon

I had literally not seen any of this, and the Mad Hatter video made my life.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW • GTALK • AIM • YIM
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Apr 3 2015, 08:37 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
321 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

Every December 15th, an hour before the park opens to any guest, Snow White relishes in the quiet emptiness in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. There are no guests clamoring around her for a photo, no starstruck children tugging on her skirt for an autograph, and no attendants lining guests up for her to meet. There is only her, a mouse, and a man, the latter gray and unresponsive.

She perches herself beneath his pointing finger, remembering how he once pointed to draw her attention to the finishing details of her new home. "We're moving your old wishing well over there," he told her once, gesturing to a small grotto next to the castle. "Guests will be able to make their wishes come true here, just like we did."

The princess loved hearing his plans and stories. Every now and then he would visit her and the dwarfs in their cottage, and they would all tell stories to each other. He would describe his newest movie to them, flailing his arms about and changing his voice for each character. They would laugh and gasp for hours, even Grumpy would crack a smile; it was impossible not to be enthralled by his storytelling. He had a certain magic to him, she told him once, "a kind sort of a magic, unlike my stepmother's."

The soft ambient music echo off the walls of Main Street undisturbed by any other noise, as if paying its own tribute for the somber day. "For those of us who remember the carefree time it recreates, Main Street will bring back happy memories," he said once. "For younger visitors, it is an adventure in turning back the calendar to the days of grandfather's youth." She feels the calendar turning back, back to the first time they all stepped into the park. He was crying tears of happiness she hadn't seen on his cheeks since her film premiered. He was so happy, so proud. How would he like his Magic Kingdom now?

There were people in this park, from ticket takers to royalty, who hadn't witnessed his happiness firsthand. They hadn't heard his stories, his laugh, his coughs. They hadn't seen his smile, his sparkling eyes, his smoking habits he'd tried so hard to hide from her and the others. They weren't there when the news first spread so long ago: Walt Disney had died.

Walt's original three princesses had different ways of coping with the day each year. Cinderella would patch up one of his old coats that had been left in his old apartment over the fire station; if it didn't need repair, she'd create a subtle tear herself and mend it. Aurora would walk through her castle attraction, arm-in-arm with her husband as they recalled every detail of the few memories they were able to make with him before his passing. Snow White would sit at the center of his park, his pride and joy, and wonder why it was that Walt's magic kept his characters alive indefinitely- even ones birthed long after his influence - but it couldn't keep him alive.

He had a cancer, they said, not a curse. The doctors couldn't use a kiss to resurrect him; they couldn't even with all those modern day contraptions with names and functions Snow could never fully wrap her head around. Sometimes she wishes they would have tried a kiss instead.

Ten days before, there would be a big party after the park closed celebrating Walt Disney's birthday, and everyone would smile. Ten days later, there would be no party. There would be no celebrating. There would be small, sad smiles on lips as red as the rose, however, as Snow White knew in her heart that all circumstances could be made sunnier with a smile and a song - a fact Walt once told her he'd learned from her. So, every year, Snow White would smile, and she would swear she hears his voice: "Keep smilin', Snow."

[I know they're supposed to be cute, but the question "What are your favorite characters doing when the parks are empty?" made me think of this instead I dunno. I just like making myself sad I guess ha ha ha ha help me.]
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Apr 7 2015, 08:03 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

*SOOOOOB*

That was absolutely beautiful. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/tissue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Apr 13 2015, 10:47 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Just now seeing this challenge. XD Won't have time to do anything until summer (not even watch the videos), but I'm always excited to do them! :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Challenges | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!