Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

If you could rewrite a Disney ending...
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 13 2013, 06:45 PM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

If you could rewrite the ending to any Disney film... how would you? And why?

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Freebie
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 05:53 AM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

First thing that comes into my head might seem to miss the point of the moral a tad, but in Brother Bear, Kenai I would have turn back into a human. It saddens me in the end that he decides to stay a bear. I'm not entirely sure why... probably to do with lessened life span and not being able to properly speak to his brother and friends. Once Koda got used to him being human he could still have got a caring, somewhat brotherly relationship from Kenai. It's a bit selfish of me to have this view? - I'm sorry! :P

I know this would mess up the point of the film though, so I probably couldn't really rewrite this.

I'll try and think of some others soon.

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
Savannah
 Posted: Aug 14 2013, 05:21 PM
is currently Offline.
You're never too old to be young.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

There's only one that I can think of off the top of my head: Wreck-It Ralph. Turning Vanellope's "glitch" into a superpower was a terrible decision. Her glitch was an obvious metaphor for disabilities and turning it into a superpower in order for her to get a happy ending sent out the wrong message. It also made the "The kids love her, glitch and all" line really hollow because, well, of course they don't mind her glitch if it's a superpower.

I would remove the moments in the race where she was able to control her glitch. She would still win. Then when her data is restored and she's a princess once more, her glitch, for whatever reason (maybe there are some actual wires crossed in her data or something?), stays with her. The kids love her anyway because she's the most talented racer.

I had a similar problem with Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings, but I've probably ranted about this enough for one day.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
faya27
 Posted: Aug 24 2013, 08:56 PM
is currently Offline.
Always let your conscience be your guide!

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I agree with you Savannah about Wreck It Ralph. As much as I love the movie, I don't like the idea of Vanellope still being a glitch after getting her data restored in her game. True it became her superpower which made the kids like her. But in real life, gamers would find her glitching still a problem and call for Litwak to unplug her game.

--------------------
• PM
^
Savannah
 Posted: Aug 24 2013, 10:12 PM
is currently Offline.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

In real life, yes, but Disney doesn't really have a reputation for being realistic. In many films where they've tackled real world issues (Pocahontas, Mulan, HoND, etc.) the threat has been minimized by making it so that one person is vehemently against the hero and everyone else is just following along. Then, once said person is out of the way, everyone accepts the hero. They could've done the same thing with Wreck-It Ralph. Or they could've made it so that the game makers gave Vanellope a glitch on purpose to create more of a challenge for the players (choose the best racer who's prone to random glitches or a mediocre, but stable racer?), so if she glitched and one of the kids freaked out, Litwak would just explain that she was supposed to.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 08:03 AM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

One that comes to mind for me at the moment is Princess and the Frog, regarding Charlotte. Instead of her having to wait for Ralphie to grow up... why not Travis? I feel like he was introduced for nothing earlier in the film. Why couldn't Charlotte have a moment of seeing him in a 'princely, well-mannered' fashion, and realize he's her prince in disguise? That would have been nice.

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
LadyJ
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 06:38 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
363 posts

Group Icon

Interesting Mandy, because I have the opposite view. I feel like there's so many movies where the beautiful girl falls for the non-conventionally attractive awkward guy and gives up supposedly 'unrealistic' expectations *cough*lowers her standards*cough*, that at this point the trope just irks me. (And IMO it encourages creeper behavior in real life dudes. "Just give me a chance! If you don't you're being shallow.") Plus we know nothing about Travis but that he asked her to dance (possibly more than once given how irritated she is) and is geeky looking. There's no evidence he's actually a good person, we're just supposed to sympathize with him because he's not a handsome prince type and got rejected. I'm probably being overly harsh on the poor dude, it's more just what he represents. So, yeah, I was actually glad that Charlotte/Travis didn't happen.

I do kinda wish Charlotte ended up with someone, someone who had all the qualities she valued and associated with her dream prince, whether or not they were actually royalty (sort of like how Eric gives up on his "Dream Girl" for Mute!Ariel"), but I feel like she can do better then Travis. Like if at the restaurant she lost her shoe while dancing and a guy with picked it up and tehy chatted a little and he made a Cinderella comment and she was all,

"Does that make you my Prince Charming?"

"I guess we'll have to wait and see. But for now, will you honor me with a dance?"

Bonus points if there were other clues he was a fellow fairytale enthusiast.

Here's one for The Little Mermaid:

I know they were under s strict running time limit but I'd have loved a longer ending where we got more Ariel/Eric, Ariel saying goodbye to her sisters, and even some interactions between Eric and Ariel's family.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Savannah
 Posted: Aug 31 2013, 07:07 PM
is currently Offline.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

Jessica, I agree completely with you on PATF and TLM. There wasn't enough communication about everything that had just happened with Ursula. Ariel's sisters in particular had to have some thoughts on her fight with Triton, her battle with Ursula, and her moving to land.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
Lady Snark
 Posted: Sep 2 2013, 02:12 PM
is currently Offline.
no matter how confident they are, at the end they are nothing but empty shells...And all shells eventually will crack, sooner or later.

Cat
N/A
16 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Hmm there aren't many that I could rewrite especifically the ending...

But I'd probably rewrite Beauty and the Beast's ending- the transformation scene is perfect and so is the dance and the reprise/glass pane window ending. Just rework the cheesy dialogue of the castle staff- things like "Do I have to still sleep on the cupboard" seems incredibly forced.to be tackled at the end of the film.

I'd probably rewrite The Black Cauldron entirely so I don't feel disatisfied whenever I watch that film, lolz.
• PM
^
faya27
 Posted: May 26 2014, 04:42 PM
is currently Offline.

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Lady J, I totally agree with you on TLM and PATF. Those are really good ideas.

--------------------
• PM
^
faya27
 Posted: Nov 5 2016, 11:39 PM
is currently Offline.

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

If I could, I would rewrite the whole movie of Frozen. I didn't think it was as groundbreaking as everybody made it out to be. It also hurts me that my sister who is obsessed with it, couldn't understand why I don't like Frozen very much.
One of the things I would have change was have Anna NOT end up with either Hans or Kristoff. She stays single and works on making amends with Elsa. She remains friends with Kristoff because I felt their romance was forced. And I would have had Elsa be the main villian of the movie (just like in the Snow Queen) who later redeems due to Anna's loving and forgiving nature. And keep Hans as good guy who decides to break off with Anna because the two realized that they don't know each other so how can their marriage ever work? Anna could even confess to Hans that she only agreed to marry him just to escape from her home and Elsa, rather than for love.

Zootopia is perfect (best movie since Tangled)! I know that the creators meant the movie to be free of romance but if there is one thing I would like to add, it's have Nick and Judy kiss at Gazelle's concert at the end of the movie. Not only would it show that the two have truly learned to get along with each other but it would be a good way to show their romance without making them too much like any of the previous animated couples.

--------------------
• PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Disney, Disney, Disney! | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!