Posted: Jun 10 2018, 11:07 AM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

Pros:
- I loved the ending fight scene, and how they had Bruce as himself for most of the show.
- The stunts were spectacular! I especially loved Spidey's and T'Challa's acrobatic moves.
- Iron Man flying around was cool.
- Scarlet Witch makes her first park appearance!! The car was a nice touch.
- I thought the shadow ballerina segment was well-executed.
- I'm mixed on how every other line switched from French to English to French, as it was confusing. I would have preferred it all to be in French, to be honest, but I appreciate what they tried to do.

Cons:
- I felt like the sequence of origin story snippets were disconnected and unnecessary. Like Iron Man just hovering in and out, Cap emerging from a machine, and Dr. Strange making a circle and then just vanishing. They could have used that time with more fleshed out fight scenes for those under Thanos' control
- Why in the world is Nebula working for Thanos in this story? If this is supposed to be set in Infinity War (or just generally after the first Guardians of the Galaxy, even), Nebula HATES Thanos. She has spent more than one film swearing to kill him. I was expecting them to show that she, too, was under the Mind Stone's power, but that... didn't happen? Did the show writers just not watch her parts of the movies?
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 10:02 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3537 posts

Group Icon

Wow, I think this is the first I've heard of this show! Great property for a stunt show, though I agree that the concept/story was kind of... eh? Like it was messy. It seemed like a 3rd party/bootleg plot/show rather than a Disney one. The flow of the story was disjointed and could have been executed better, especially for their wonder baby Marvel.

Some of the effects were kind of lackluster too, but I think that may be just seeing them through a camera vs seeing them live. (ie: Iron Man's flight.) I do agree that some of the origin story stuff was weird... I think maybe a better way of tying all of that together would have been to use a 'comic book' format, where they might use projection to create a comic border around the stage during all of those origin scenes, to kind of show that they were flashbacks. Or keeping Bruce and Natasha on stage in silhouette. Or SOMETHING to show that they were all tied together, as opposed to being just little odd segments. (Also, for Tony's, was there supposed to be a projected cloud or building effect, maybe? That just seemed weird.)

Poor Scarlet Witch had to just stand there awkwardly during the end fight scene opposing the audience, basically http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif

I thought it was ironic that Cap only spoke French lol.

Spidey was amazing!

Natasha being the "main" character was also epic!

Most DLP shows switch from English to French like this. The other foreign parks do it too with their languages.

Not really sure what Hulk did there at the end? Lol. But yeah having Bruce in the show was great!

It's a great concept, but I feel like they could do better with story AND effects? I dunno. I'm sure it looks great in person!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 01:59 PM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

I thought it was ironic that Cap only spoke French lol.

Je suis américain! lol

That's interesting about park shows being in two languages. I heard different languages in some of the parades, but I was still surprised with the format.

I like your comic book style idea for the flashbacks! At this point, I'd rather them rewrite the whole thing, though. Especially for poor Nebula's characterization.

Maybe they can improve on it as the show gets feedback? I love the concept of all the Avengers being on one stage, though.
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Paris | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!