Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

Tagging/Alert Feature in BETA
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Nov 24 2015, 10:02 AM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

A long awaited feature, Jcink has finally put the Tag/Alert system into Beta Mode!

What is this, you ask?

Think about Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. You can tag someone by typing their name/username, so that they will be alerted to the post and will be sure to see it. Now Jcink is rolling out this feature for all Jcink boards! You will now be able to tag your roleplay partner when it's their turn to post, or alert someone to a post you'd think they'd like to join in on!

It's easy to use, too! To tag someone in a post, you will need to do one of the following:
  • If the person has a SPACE in their username, you will need to add brackets. You would write @[username]
  • If the person does NOT have a space in their username, you would use @username
When you post something with a tag in it, the person you tagged will immediately receive an alert. The alert notification bar is on our top user-bar on the right, right between 'View New Posts' and 'My Friends'! If that person has email notifications for the board set up, they will also receive an email in regards to the alert.

This is a great feature, and it's going to prove extremely useful. HOWEVER, with great power comes great responsibility and all that. ;) So PLEASE do not abuse this system! Use tags sparingly; don't tag like twelve people in one post just because. Make sure the tags/alerts make sense, and apply to the user you are tagging. We want to use this system, but we want to make sure it's used right!

The feature IS in Beta Mode still, so the occasional bug may slip through, but it has been tested and worked fine for me when I tried it. So enjoy the new feature! If you have any questions, ask away here! http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/thumbsup.gif

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Pardon Our Pixie Dust! | Next Newest »

topic options
quick reply
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!