Jess
 Posted: May 8 2018, 04:37 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
379 posts

Group Icon

This season has been such a mixed bag, but I'm tentatively excited for the upcoming last few episodes of the series.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 10 2018, 11:52 AM
is currently Online.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

I have actually absolutely ADORED this season. So much.

I feel like it has had the magic of the first season -- yes, it purposefully has paralleled the story, what with Henry being Emma and Lucy being Henry -- but with such a strong focus on belief and hope (the big cores of OUAT!) and such a fun cast of fairytale characters... plenty of "edge of your seat moments" that leave you screaming at the tv at the end of each episode, and even more moments that leave you going "YES *insert name of character here!"

I just feel very connected to this season, compared to the last couple. I really love this cast. I would have enjoyed another season with them. I'm very sad to let go. (And you know, I thought I was okay with letting the show end, until last week. Last week was such a love letter to the fans, I was a total wreck and now I'm not readyyyyy.)

But yeah. I've loved this season. If you've seen my usual FB live-chat threads, you can see how I've reacted to the various episodes. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif

Also. Re: main villain(s). GO DRIZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Jess
 Posted: May 14 2018, 05:28 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
379 posts

Group Icon

Driz was amazeballs. The problem for me was that Ella/Jacinda came off as so unlikable and whiny I had no sympathy for her, and I thought she and Henry had 0 chemistry. I also wasn't super into Tremaine and especially Gothel as villains.

On the other hand I loved Grown Up Henry, Driz, Tiana, Naveen, Alice, Robin 2.0, and Facilier, plus the returners.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 15 2018, 01:30 PM
is currently Online.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

Yeah, Ella has def. been a major flaw in what could have been an otherwise A++ season. And that seems to be an overall consensus. Like, I see that they were trying to make her like season one Snow, but she just fell flat. There have been a few seasons with her and Henry that I've liked (like at the bar with the quarter flipping) but overall, I agree that there is a major lack of chemistry. Ivy had far more chemistry with him...and I'm not just saying that cause I'm biased. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/whistle2.gif

I liked Tremaine... again, slightly biased, but I was totally into the Rapunzel twist. I had guessed Gothel was the identity of the person locked in the Belfry Tower, and had a feeling based off a few other things that Victoria might be Punzie a few episodes before that reveal. The episode really made you feel for her where you just hated her guts before, and that's the magic of the show really, and the talent of the OUAT writers. (Or some of them, anyway lol)

The lanterns, the reveal of Driz being the one to have had the idea for them, Victoria realizing what she had done to Drizella all along... and then sacrificing herself for her in the end. I was so emotionally crushed. It was beautiful. Beautifullllllllll.

Gothel. They sure took a lot of twists and turns to finally get to her point... and yeah, it probably was dragged out a little too long, and then POOF. She's a tree. It was kind of anticlimatic honestly. She was a great actress, she was fun... and she was gorgeous blue. (Weird, right?) And the whole Mother Nature thing was a weird but neat twist. But it did take a long and round about path to get to her end game. And I really had hoped other Disney witches were going to be revealed for the Coven, and not just nameless placeholders.

AND I WANTED MORE HAUNTED MANSION/LEOTA.

Tia and Naveen were epic. MY FROGGIES. I'm so sad we don't get them in the final battle! Like come on. They're finally together. Lets see them kick some ass.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Jess
 Posted: May 17 2018, 06:24 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
379 posts

Group Icon

Tremaine had potential (I loved the actress on Burn Notice and I feel the problems were 90% with the writing and not her) and I did enjoy the Rapunzel twist. Her interactions with Driz in both the past and present were by far the most interesting things about her.

Gothel was interesting early on but OMG the nymph reveal was so sudden and heavy-handed and IMO the makeup/effects were halloween costume bad. Like with the really really terrible fabric butterflies. I also HATED that she was set in some fakey-fake kind of the Victorian Era but not that turned out to be Land Without Magic before the dinosaurs or something ridiculous. I like the LWM just being the LWM.

Tiana and Naveen were great, as was Facilier. MOAR PATF peeps.

I also liked the Candy Killer arc with New!Hansel and Gretel. I was sorry Gretel was killed off so soon, followed by Nacksel. RIP.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Once Upon A Time | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!