- HOUSE POINTS - #
Minnie 0
Donald 0
Goofy 0
Pluto 0
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

Asj's fanart stuff
Asj
 Posted: Mar 20 2014, 01:00 PM
is currently Offline.
"You tricked me! You had this set up all along!"

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

thanks, Miss Mandz. ^_^

user posted image
Could have killed us all!

(stupid sand. It doesn't look right.)

It's based on a scene from a fic idea of mine.
Aladdin's point of view: 1. Mozenrath has a dangerous plan. 2. Mozenrath suddenly trashes the plan and yells about it being a dangerous plan, as though it was Aladdin's plan.
Jasmine doesn't know what Mozenrath's talking about, either (though she'll figure it out later, with a little help from Phasir). They'll sneak over to Carpet while Mozenrath's yelling, and Mozenrath won't notice until they're taking off.
Mozenrath, on the other hand, knows a little more about the situation, but he's too ticked off at the moment. Their his life was in danger. He wants to yell about it. That, and the guy with the dangerous plan looked like Aladdin.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Apr 1 2014, 04:35 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I made this for a contest on deviantArt.
user posted image
Mischievous Princess

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 08:50 AM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I have a few more pictures.

(cropped)
user posted image
Once Upon a Time
I drew it for a Mother's Day contest. I thought of drawing Cinderella listening from the side, but ran out of time.

(cropped)
user posted image
Unexpected Catch
I made it for a villains gone good contest. ...I thought of a few ideas, but I ended up just going with that because there wasn't much time left. I wanted to play around with shading some. I might go back and fix some things later, since I didn't have enough time to finish a few little things. Also, it's based on something from one of my fic ideas.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 09:20 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

OMGOMGOMG the Tremaine one. <33333333

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 09:23 AM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

thanks ^_^

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 12:33 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh... :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Asj
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 12:49 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

thanks. ^_^

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Aug 8 2014, 09:47 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Thing I've been thinking about for a Disney contest on deviantArt.
user posted image
The girl is supposed to be the princess, the left guy is rich, and the right guy is an optimist. ...the guys are a little too tall compared to her. I might adjust their heights later.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 03:20 AM
is currently Offline.

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

That hair, though.

L'Oreal

because you're worth it

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Asj
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 11:03 AM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

maaaybe I get a little carried away about drawing hair.
...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. ^_^"

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Aug 11 2014, 10:39 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

I love the designs!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Aug 11 2014, 01:37 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

thanks. ^_^
...I wonder if white looks too much like a wedding dress, though...
It's supposed to be roughly based on a Hans Christian Andersen story. ...roughly.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Asj
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 04:54 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I made a video of me thumbnailing something.
Eclipsed Thumb

I picked a bg song from a list Youtube has.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 06:22 PM
is currently Offline.

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

That was interestin'--looks promising. :D Is it weird to sketch on a computer? I've always thought about the basic lines for shaping people do when they sketch. I tried to do it on the computer once, but it was a pain to try to get all the lines out. e.e Most people say they sketch it on paper an' then just color it on the computer.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Asj
 Posted: Aug 20 2014, 07:33 PM
is currently Offline.

Asj
N/A
227 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Hm... for awhile, I'd sketch something on paper, then scan it, put it in Photoshop, and trace it onto a layer above the paper sketch (I like to redraw something over and over, so I hardly ever keep original pencil lines).

Now, it's kind'a something that depends. Sometimes I'll start on the computer and sometimes I'll start on paper, depending on what I'm in the mood for I guess.
I suppose I'm a little more used to drawing on the computer now than I was before, though sometimes it seems that sketches just don't turn out right that way (but that can happen on paper, too).

But, it's probably easier to work out a thumbnail thing on the computer, since, if I made this great thumbnail sized thing on paper, I'd have to figure out how to redraw it larger (or at least need to scan it and stretch it out on the computer). But on the computer, I can start out with a rough sketch that's 8 1/2 x 11 inches and have it zoomed out really far, so it looks small. Then I can just zoom in and trace it. And also, on the computer, I can move things around (especially when I have a different layer for most stuff), so I can copy a layer and mess with it instead of have to worry about erasing something when I might want it back. And on paper, if I wasn't sure about the look of a thumbnail, I'd have to draw another one, but on the computer I can use the previous thumbnail as a starting point.

The shape of the lines in general, though, I think it's less of an issue when sketching and more of one when trying to make lineart. Because I get shaky lines with a tablet, but it doesn't matter if they're a little bit off when I'm sketching. But when I make lineart, I zoom in to 200-300% to draw lines and to smooth them out. Though, I need to stop making lineart that way, because I think a picture's shading might look better if I don't perfect the lines first, or maybe not perfect them at all.

hm... here's what it looks like at 100%: pic
I don't think I ever zoomed in to 100% when drawing it. Looks pretty weird, with the lines not connecting and stuff.
I'll probably have to figure everything out all over again, but the main point was to try getting some positioning that I like. So, next, I'll probably make sure I like the positions, and then I'll zoom in more, maybe to 50%, and sketch stuff on new layers. And then... maybe redraw some stuff again or else, if it looks good enough, go for some good lines up close.
I might end up making the characters twice as big so I can get better lines for them, and then shrink them back afterward. Since the characters are looking kind'a on the small side at 100%.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Art Museum | Next Newest »

topic options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!