Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19

new poll

Cruella
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Oct 1 2013, 03:38 PM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

After decades of giving princesses the spotlight, now Disney appears to be on a mission to highlight some of their greatest animated villains. Next year we will get to see the untold story behind Sleeping Beauty when Angelina Jolie puts on the pointy hat of the title character in Maleficent, and today The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the studio is generating yet another antagonist-based live-action movie and are now moving forward with Cruella, a film about the evil Cruella de Vil of 101 Dalmatians.

Aline Brosh McKenna, who also wrote the script for the upcoming Kenneth Branagh-directed adaptation of Cinderella, has been hired to write the script for the movie, though at this time all story details are being kept under wraps. First created in Dodie Smith's 1956 novel "The Hundred and One Dalmatians," Cruella de Vil is a fashion-obsessed woman who will do just about anything to get a fur coat made out of dalmatian fur. This won't be the first time that the character has appeared in a live-action film, as she was portrayed by Glenn Close in the 1996 Stephen Herek movie with Jeff Daniels, Joely Richardson and Hugh Laurie.

While I assume Cruella will ultimately paint the titular character as the villain that she is, I'm honestly curious how this movie will get the audience to sympathize with her as a main character in any way. After all, this is a woman who tries extremely hard to try and kill newborn puppies so that she can have them skinned and draped on her back. It's going to be a sincere challenge for this movie to convince anybody that perhaps she was right or at the very least understandable in her actions all along.

In addition to the Cinderella, Brosh McKenna also wrote the script for the new Annie adaptation that is currently in production and will star Quvenzhané Wallis, Cameron Diaz and Jamie Foxx. Her previous credits are a bit all over the place., having written critically praised films like We Bought A Zoo and The Devil Wears Prada along with big misses like 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl and I Don't Know How She Does It with Sarah Jessica Parker.

One big step in the process of getting Cruella made will, of course, be finding the proper actress to play her. But who do you think it should be? Should they find some fresh blood or maybe even go back to Glenn Close?

SOURCE: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Live-Action...sney-39616.html

Uh... wasn't this 101 Dalmatians, the live action film? blink.gif We don't need this particular film.

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
Freebie
 Posted: Oct 3 2013, 12:30 PM
is currently Offline.
"You two-faced son of a jackal!"

Fran
Female
248 posts

Group Icon

Gosh... Disney are really milking things from its Classics. These extra live-action films seem to be instead of just sequeling everything now!

We already had live-action Cruella with Glenn Close twice! Wasn't that enough??

--------------------
user posted image
Sig thanks to Miss Mandz!
• PM
^
Savannah
 Posted: Oct 3 2013, 01:30 PM
is currently Offline.
You're never too old to be young.

Savannah
Female
276 posts

Group Icon

I haven't been impressed by Disney's other live-action adaptations, so I'm not looking forward to this at all. :/

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • WWW
^
disneytardis
 Posted: Nov 18 2013, 07:33 PM
is currently Offline.
Disney isn't just a lifestyle, it's a way of being.

Tatiana
N/A
38 posts

Group Icon

I'm iffy, but we'll see. We really don't have much on the movie yet.
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Oct 10 2015, 07:56 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Saving Mr. Banks screenwriter Kelly Marcel is attached to write Disney's Cruella, based on the steely and well-appointed villainess Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmatians.

Marcel, who most recently adapted Fifty Shades of Grey, is working with Togetherness co-creator Steve Zissis on the story.

Word that Disney is fast-tracking Cruella comes after the studio dated no fewer than four untitled live-action films drawing from its animated vault. That's in addition to several movies that have already been dated: Jon Favreau's The Jungle Book (April 15, 2016), Tim Burton's sequel Alice Through the Looking Glass (May 27, 2016) and Bill Condon's Beauty and the Beast (March 17, 2017).

Disney is far and away the industry leader in this space, pairing well-known filmmakers, writers and actors with classic properties. Burton's Alice in Wonderland defied all expectations in grossing $1 billion at the global box office in 2010. Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie, earned a better-than-expected $758 million globally in 2014, followed by Cinderella earlier this year with $542 million.

Aline Brosh McKenna worked on an early version of the script for Cruella, produced by Andrew Gunn (Sky High, Bedtime Stories).

De Vil first appeared in Dodie Smith's 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians but became a Disney icon with the 1961 animated movie. And it's not the character's first incarnation in a live-action feature. Glenn Close played the character in 1996's 101 Dalmatians and the 2000 sequel, 102 Dalmatians.

Disney has several other live-action event films in the works. Burton is attached to direct Dumbo, while Reese Witherspoon is attached to star in and produce Tink, based on the classic Peter Pan character Tinker Bell. Witherspoon will produce Tink with Bruna Papandrea, her partner at the duo’s production banner, Pacific Standard. There's also a Maleficent sequel with Jolie and writer Linda Woolverton in the works, along with a live-action adaptation of Mulan and a Jungle Cruise project with Dwayne Johnson attached to star.

When dating the untitled fairy tale films earlier this week, Disney wouldn't say which movies might fill the four slots, which are Dec. 22, 2017; Nov. 2, 2018; March 29, 2019; and Nov. 18, 2019.

Other live-action tentpoles being plotted by Disney proper include A Wrinkle in Time, which Frozen co-director and co-writer Jennifer Lee is adapting, and Pete's Dragon.

Marcel is repped by UTA in the U.S. Zissis is repped by UTA and Abrams Entertainment.

SOURCE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/crue...er-kelly-830467

--------------------

^
Nalafan1889
 Posted: Oct 16 2015, 05:52 PM
is currently Offline.
I love Nala :D

Sally
N/A
23 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Sounds Awesome!
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jan 7 2016, 11:06 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Disney's Cruella, a live-action origin story for the villain of the 101 Dalmations films, may have found its star, THR reports. Emma Stone is in talks to play the titular role for the film, said to be "fast-tracked" at Disney after the success of Maleficent and their other released or in-development live-action fairy tale films.

The movie does not have a director, but Disney hopes to shoot it in 2016, presumably for a 2017 release. Kelly Marcel, who worked with Disney on Saving Mr. Banks (the real-life story about Walt Disney attempting to adapt the "Mary Poppins" story to film), is writing the screenplay.

Stone has La La Land next on her release schedule, with three other projects in various stages of production.

Cruella de Vil has been portrayed in live action before, by Victoria Smurfit on Once Upon a Time, by Wendy Raquel Robinson on Disney's Descendants, and perhaps most famously by Glenn Close in the 101 Dalmations 1996 live-action remake.

SOURCE: http://comicbook.com/2016/01/06/emma-stone...l-origin-movie/

I guess we're getting a young Cruella story?

--------------------

^
faya27
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 12:01 AM
is currently Offline.
Always let your conscience be your guide!

Minnie
N/A
109 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I haven't been impressed with them either. The Cinderella remake was fine but it was two beats away from being a great film. I heard that the Maleficent was terrible so I'm not watching that. I read somewhere that the reason Disney is making live-action movies based on only from Marvel, Star Wars, and the Animated Classics was because their attempts at making Original live-action movies didn't work out.

--------------------
• PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Coming Soon | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!