- HOUSE POINTS - #
Minnie 16
Donald 9
Goofy 12
Pluto 19
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
new poll

Frozen is heading to broadway!
justanna
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 06:56 PM
is currently Offline.
so i'm an extra button on a coat

TAY
N/A
23 posts
N/A

Group Icon

QUOTE (LadyJ @ Jan 14 2014, 05:27 PM)
I definitely get where everyone's coming from even if my own ideas are slightly different. :)

And I totally agree that Love Is An Open Door is a better/catchier song overall.

So does anyone have any casting wants?

Possible Elsas or Annas if we can't have Idina and Kristen::Sierra Boggess, Laura Osnes, Sutton Foster, Megan Hilty.

All these actresses I think could handle either part.

Hans: Santino, Santino, Santino. "Nuff said.

Totally second all of these casting ideas if we can't have Idina and Kristen. Ugh but I want them so bad.

Ugh Megan Hilty is favourite Broadway actress though so she can be whomever and I'd be happy.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM
^
doodle vi
 Posted: Jan 14 2014, 07:39 PM
is currently Offline.
GIVING UP IS FOR ROOKIES

vi
Female
205 posts

Group Icon

I would so love Laura Osnes as Anna alsdkjfalksdfj she totally fits the bill
but I feel like the musical will take a pretty long while to make, so...new faces might be needed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

sig by hannahberrie
• PM • WWW
^
LadyJ
 Posted: Jan 15 2014, 12:28 AM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
363 posts

Group Icon

I think given the popularity of the movie and the fact that the composers are red-hot because of Book of Mormon Frozen will likely get somewhat fast-tracked. That said, fast-tracked is a relative term. LOL.My guess is 3-5 years from now until opening night.

Since the movie is so fresh they have the benefit of really having a grip on the material and what ideas that were cut from the film that might work better in a theatrical version.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jan 15 2014, 09:00 AM
is currently Offline.
Oh, sing sweet nightingale, sing sweet nightingale, hi-i-i-i-i...

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

I would agree with a 3-5 year span. While Bob Iger said in the article that they "aren't rushing so they can have excellence", they have to stay on top of the movie's popularity. And I'm sure the Lopezes are already working on stuff, haha. They've been tied to all the rumors about Finding Nemo from Animal Kingdom going to broadway (another of their amazing projects) and while that never happened, they are probably totally ready for this to get there!

I can totally see Santino AND Groff reprising their roles, or at least one of them for the "star" advertising card. While Hans and Kristoff are 24 and 21 respectively, I think they could look older and still fill the part, you know?

I mean.. Groff...

user posted image

--------------------
n o g r a c e , n o p o i s e

• PM • EMAIL • WWW • AIM • MSN
^
justanna
 Posted: Jan 24 2014, 04:50 AM
is currently Offline.
so i'm an extra button on a coat

TAY
N/A
23 posts
N/A

Group Icon

^ Ugh. Kristoff.

Can we just discuss Kristen's adorable mug? She consistently plays roles much younger than her anyway, and in a theatrical production that's pretty common as well. HOWEVER, she is a movie star and I don't know how easy it would be for her to just pick up and leave her life in LA, what with the new baby and such. Sooooo... That makes me sad. But you never know!

I only say these things because I'm hanging on a hope and a prayer that she'll reprise her role because I adore her so much. XD Even though I know it's a long shot!

--------------------
user posted image
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 12:13 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

Frozen now has a place holder page! http://www.frozenthemusical.com/

--------------------

^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Feb 8 2014, 01:30 PM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

Petition for Mouse Ears to make the Broadway musical. :D

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
disneytardis
 Posted: Feb 13 2014, 08:38 PM
is currently Offline.
Disney isn't just a lifestyle, it's a way of being.

Tatiana
N/A
38 posts

Group Icon

I wonder what they're planning to do with this project? They did say they were waiting for perfection and trying not to rush things.
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Oct 17 2014, 09:32 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

In an all-new interview in today's The Hollywood Reporter, Thomas Schumacher, president and producer at Disney Theatrical Group opens up about plans to bring the Disney mega-hit animated film FROZEN to the Broadway stage.

Asked if the project is at the top of his 'to-do' list, Schumacher shared, "Before the movie came out and the hubbub began, we had a midnight screening with about five people from this office. I came out at 1:30 in the morning, and I texted John Lasseter and said, "When do we start?" Within about 60 seconds my phone rings, and it's John screaming because he's always wanted to try something onstage."

He continues, "There's something purely theatrical about the relationship between these two women [characters, Elsa and Anna]. You can see it. My job is to corral the writers of the movie. I'm already talking to directors, and I have a design concept, and we have to begin to fashion this idea. It doesn't need to be fast. It needs to be great."

The exec goes on to talk about other Disney animated films which have made the transition to the stage, some more successfully than others. "It was very natural that BEAUTY AND THE BEAST would make that transition. But then I'd argue it's probably not very obvious that Lion King would make that leap. For the most part, what has separated us from others who have tried to adapt film titles is that we're starting with something built around the idea of music, whether it's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST or Mary Poppins."

He adds, "You're not trying to think how to musicalize it; you try to figure out [whether] it would be appropriate for the stage. Aladdin took 22 years from the time the movie opened to tell that story theatrically."

SOURCE: http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Top-D...ctors-20141016#

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Feb 13 2015, 09:58 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

The team that will turn Frozen into a stage musical have been warming up a few ideas about getting it into a theatre by 2017.

Kristen Anderson-Lopez and her husband (and song-writing partner) Robert Lopez, who wrote the hit Let It Go (among others), met Jennifer Lee, the film’s writer and co-director; Thomas Schumacher, who heads Disney Theatricals; and Alex Timbers, who directed the recent National Theatre and New York Public Theatre hit show Here Lies Love.

Timbers, who also directed Peter And The Starcatcher for Disney, spent several days having various sessions with the Frozen creative team. Lee is writing the show’s book, working closely with the Lopez duo to shape how the animated film, which has become a phenomenal global hit, can be adapted for the stage.

The Lopezes have already written a couple of new songs for the show. The expectation is that if the right theatre — and, presumably, the right climate — can be found, then Frozen could be up, ready and skating into a Broadway theatre the year after next.

The film featured the voice of Idina Menzel as ice Queen Elsa, but she won’t be in the stage production.

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...e-Charming.html

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Feb 10 2016, 09:20 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

For the first time in forever, Frozen is coming to Broadway! Rumors about the show have been swirling for some time now, but the official announcement was released today. The all-new show will be joining the likes of the critically acclaimed Aladdin and The Lion King in spring 2018. The pre-Broadway engagement is slated to kick off summer 2017.

The musical, based on Disney’s Academy Award-winning film, Frozen, will feature music and lyrics by songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez (Winnie the Pooh) and Robert Lopez (Avenue Q, Book of Mormon), who also wrote the music for the film. The story will be based on a book by the film’s screenwriter, Jennifer Lee. Though the cast won’t be announced until later, there are a ton of talented folks already attached to the project, including Tony Award-winner Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher, Mozart in the Jungle), and Peter Darling (Billy Elliot, Matilda), who will serve as director and choreographer respectively.

The design team is equally impressive, featuring scenic and costume designer Bob Crowley (Mary Poppins), lighting designer Natasha Katz (Aladdin), sound designer Peter Hylenski, and music supervisor Stephen Oremus (Avenue Q, Wicked, Book of Mormon).

SOURCE: http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2016/...en-on-broadway/

--------------------

^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Apr 20 2016, 03:56 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3402 posts

Group Icon

We have our Elsa!

There’s just no letting it go at this point: “Frozen” is here to stay. With a theatrical sequel on the way, a theme park attraction opening at Epcot in a scant two months, a new Broadway-style musical production coming to Disney California Adventure, and a full-fledged Broadway show hitting the Great White Way in 2018, it seems as though Frozen Fever will continue its unstoppable outbreak for the foreseeable future.

Now we know who will be playing the Snow Queen herself in the Broadway show, which will feature all the songs from the original movie, plus several new ones written by “Frozen” composers Bobby and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. Broadway veteran Betsy Wolfe (“Everyday Rapture,” “Bullets Over Broadway”) will take up the role of Elsa.

SOURCE: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/04/broa...oadway-musical/

Yes. Yes. YES.

--------------------

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Great White Way | Next Newest »

topic options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!