Posted: Mar 12 2015, 01:03 PM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Disney officially announced plans to produce a sequel to “Frozen.”

The company revealed plans during the Walt Disney Company’s annual shareholders meeting on Thursday from San Francisco.

The first film’s director Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck are developing the project.

John Lasseter, chief creative officer at Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and DisneyToon Studios, made the announcement with Bob Iger.

The sequel doesn’t come as much of a surprise, considering how the first film continues to be a major moneymaking force for Disney’s divisions since its release Nov. 22, 2013.

“Frozen” generated nearly $1.3 billion at the box office and has become a merchandising juggernaut, breaking sales records on homevideo and at Disney’s stores.

The animated short, “Frozen Fever” will unspool in front of Disney’s live action adaptation of “Cinderella,” out in theaters this weekend.

SOURCE: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/disney-a...n-2-1201451480/

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/yahoo.gif

I listened to the Shareholders livefeed.... when I heard, I definitely squeed. xD

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 08:43 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

So, a bit of discussion: what sort of plot would you like to see for Frozen 2?

I personally would love to see Disney's take on the "why does Elsa have powers/let's go on an adventure to find out". Or heck, stay in Arendelle and have them exploring the castle and the kingdom for their family history. (Wouldn't be opposed to seeing the 'villian' Snow Queen around either, so long as she isn't their aunt ala OUAT lol.) And tying into the family history theme, perhaps Kristoff is trying to look into his own true parentage at the same time. The origin of Elsa's ice powers is something we all wonder about, so why not?

Also. No love interest for Elsa that she meets on the journey who magically has ice powers too, plz. http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/laugh3.gif

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Ella
 Posted: Mar 26 2015, 08:44 AM
is currently Offline.
When these broken hands are whole again / We'll find what we've been waiting for / We were made for so much more

Ella
N/A
158 posts

Group Icon

I've never thought about including the Andersen-style Snow Queen in the Frozen-'verse, but now that you mention it, Kat, I think it would be cool if Elsa and Anna did some digging and found out that the Snow Queen either cursed one of their distant ancestors or was their distant ancestor. Then maybe a descendant of someone (else) who was cursed by the Snow Queen could go after Elsa, thinking she was her reincarnation.

Also, I'd kind of like to see a semi-love interest, preferably a regular, powerless human, for Elsa--the kind who, although he's clearly attracted to Elsa and she to him, doesn't actually get together with her over the course of the movie. Like, the movie ends with them agreeing that they'll try seeing each other or something. xD

--------------------

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell

Image © disneyscreencaps.com

• PM
^
faya27
 Posted: Mar 27 2015, 01:21 AM
is currently Offline.
Always let your conscience be your guide!

Minnie
N/A
110 posts
N/A

Group Icon

I agree that Elsa finding out the origins of her powers would be awesome and epic! From the movie, the only explanation we got was that she was born with them. But why was she born with them? We're she and Anna related to the original Snow Queen? Or did the Snow Queen feed the queen a magical Snow Cone while pregnant with Elsa? Just kidding!

--------------------
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 22 2015, 09:26 AM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Disney's Frozen 2 is underway, and it looks like we can now confirm that young Elsa will be pictured in the new animated sequel. Actress Eva Bella, from Nickelodeon's new show Shimmer & Shine, voiced young Elsa in the dramatic scenes where the future Queen and her sister Anna play in the snow together, and Anna winds up getting hurt by Elsa's powers.

Eva was back at a recording studio this month lending her voice to the Frozen sequel movie, telling fans: "Always a good place to start my day! Nice to be back...busy day ahead! Let's do this! #actorslife #FROZEN"

SOURCE: http://www.m-magazine.com/posts/young-elsa...-frozen-2-63722

Curious information, seeing as it's a bit early to be doing any voice recording when they are probably structuring the script. Perhaps its for another Frozen project, and not the sequel?

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Jess
 Posted: Jul 24 2015, 10:51 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
383 posts

Group Icon

MAybe it's a song demo? Or a talking doll/other toy?

If they find a way to fit "We know better" in the sequel I will die of cute.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Nov 12 2015, 04:47 PM
is currently Offline.

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

user posted image

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc380/fantasmicroleplay/Smilies/yahoo.gif

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Coming Soon | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!