Miss Mandz
 Posted: May 16 2018, 10:25 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3540 posts

Group Icon

While Solo: A Star Wars Story is still a week away, Lucasfilm has seemingly already confirmed its next standalone movie, and it centers around the fan-favorite smuggler, Lando Calrissian.

Many reviews of Solo have pointed to Donald Glover's scene-stealing Lando as one of the highlights of the film, and it looks as though the studio agrees with the sentiment. During an interview with Premiere France, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that Lando will be getting his own Star Wars Story, and it sounds like the project has vaulted to the top of the studio's priorities.

"We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian," Kennedy said. "Of course, there are still many stories to tell about Han and Chewbacca but Lando will be next."

Ever since Disney began distributing the Star Wars films in 2015, the standalone movies have alternated years with the newest trilogy in the Skywalker Saga. With Solo arriving this month, and Star Wars: Episode IX hitting theaters in 2019, the next available spot for the franchise is in 2020.

With the buzz surrounding Glover, not just as Lando but with his hit TV series, Atlanta, and global phenomenon music video, "This Is America," it would make sense for Lucasfilm to rush a Lando movie to the forefront of its production schedule. Seeing as how Glover always dreamed of playing the role, actively pursued it, and signed on for multiple movies with Lucasfilm, it's safe to say he's on board for a standalone adventure.

The only thing still left to determine here is what Kennedy meant by "next." She could have meant that it will be the next standalone film, meaning it will likely arrive in 2020. However, she could've also meant that it's the next movie going into production, which could see it hit theaters at any point over the next few years. The only other Star Wars Story that's been talked about is the standalone Obi-Wan Kenobi film.

SOURCE: http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/05/16/s...-donald-glover/

LucasFilm, no.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Dust Keeper Girl
 Posted: May 16 2018, 10:55 AM
is currently Offline.
with a smile and a song

Jenna
Female
309 posts

Group Icon

I have yet to see Solo and have low expectations of it, but I'd honestly be okay with a Lando movie. We haven't seen anymore of him in the new movies, he's often excluded when discussing the main heroes of the older trilogy, and he's a character who I think has a lot of potential to be fleshed out more. How did he rise to the power he had in Episode V? What's his relationship with the bald assistant in that movie? There are questions that, if done well, would really add to the story of the original trilogy.

I swear to God, though: one more white brunette love interest and I am literally physically visiting Lucasfilms to personally smack them with every available Star Wars Blu-Ray case.
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | LucasFilms | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!