Miss Mandz
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 08:56 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Seven years after Disney‘s live-action princess adventure Enchanted scored Golden Globe and Oscar noms and a $340M worldwide box office, the Mouse House is moving again on a sequel. Shrek 2 and The Smurfs writers J. David Stem and David N. Weiss have been hired to write Enchanted 2, marking the scripting duo’s latest live-action family outing after penning Are We There Yet? and Daddy Day Camp for Sony.

Amy Adams starred and sang in the first pic in an eerily accurate portrayal of Giselle, the animated Disney princess who crosses over into the real world, opposite Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, Timothy Spall, Idina Menzel, Rachel Covey, and Susan Sarandon. Kevin Lima directed the musical romance, which opened at No. 1 over Thanksgiving weekend 2007.

Anne Fletcher (The Proposal, The Guilt Trip) is at the helm of the sequel, which will be produced again by Barry Josephson and Barry Sonnenfeld. An earlier draft was written by Jessie Nelson. No word yet on which cast members are expected back for more happily ever after. Weiss and Stem are repped by WME and Christine Cuddy of Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo.

SOURCE: http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/enchanted-...smurfs-writers/

SCREAMINGGGGGGG

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
anotherfallingworld
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 10:07 AM
is currently Offline.
chocolate is a glorious thing

Ashleah
N/A
542 posts
N/A

Group Icon

So, it's like A Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story, and A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song where it's a similar plot but a new cast? Or is it more like Gis just convinces her bestie to join the real world? XD

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • YIM
^
Nalafan1889
 Posted: Jul 8 2014, 09:38 PM
is currently Offline.
I love Nala :D

Sally
N/A
23 posts
N/A

Group Icon

i can't wait for this movie soo excited :D
• PM
^
Miss Mandz
 Posted: Sep 30 2015, 09:23 AM
is currently Offline.
crashin' the party ;; guess they lost my invitation

Mandy
Female
3548 posts

Group Icon

Disney’s live-action adventure Enchanted was a massive hit in 2007, and now the film’s sequel has a working title.

Shrek 2 and The Smurfs writers J. David Stem and David Weiss were hired by Disney to write Enchanted 2, with Anne Fletcher (The Proposal) still reportedly attached to direct the sequel.

Collider reports that the sequel to Enchanted is currently titled Disenchanted — obviously the opposite of the meaning of “Enchanted.” It’s not exactly as original as we expected it to be, but maybe Disney’s plans for the story call for Giselle to lose her magic.

The first film received an Oscar and Golden Globe nomination and would go on to pull in over $340 million worldwide at the box office in 2007. Many fans have wanted to see a sequel for quite some time, and the source reports that Disney is actively moving forward with production very soon.

A draft for the sequel was originally penned by Jessie Nelson, but it’s unknown if Disney is looking to rewrite Enchanted 2’s script or not. There’s still no word as to whether any of the original actors will be back as their characters for the sequel, but with Disney’s recent success of live-action fairy tale films, we imagine Disney is looking to profit off the sudden surge of quality sing-along/fairy tale films.

We’d certainly like to see the original actors return to their roles, but some have gone on to become some of Hollywood’s biggest stars, so it’s unclear if a sequel to Enchanted is something someone like Amy Adams would like to do.

Adams has always seemed excited about the possibility of doing a sequel, and has young children now, so it wouldn’t surprise us to find out she’s the first to join. We look forward to finding out more about the sequel’s story now that it looks like Disney is moving forward with the project.

SOURCE: http://www.hypable.com/disney-enchanted-2-title/

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL • WWW
^
Jess
 Posted: May 8 2018, 04:27 PM
is currently Offline.
Writing My Fairytale

Jessica
Female
383 posts

Group Icon

I'd really want Adams, Dempsey, Marsden, and Menzel back or at least one of the two pairs. Otherwise I'm much less interested.

--------------------
user posted image
• PM • EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Coming Soon | Next Newest »

topic options
new poll

THIS SKIN WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY KIERA OF WECODE, SHINE, ATF AND CAUTION with edits by MISS MANDZ.
Thanks to LIBBY of CC for assistance with the header coding!